Discuss Geo Solo Monitor. Anyone else having multiple problems? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GreggElectrical

Having previously being a big fan of these units I'm slowly turning away from them. Must have put in around 20-30 and have had problems with most in one way or another.

It seems sometimes they freeze (power down and back up to fix)
Sometimes lose signal (needs repairing)
Sometimes go blank (needs leaving without batteries and power for 30 mins to fix)
I have also had a few clients unable to upload data or when they do upload data it hasn't recorded any since they last removed memory card.

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems or am I doing something wrong?

Is there an alternative unit I should be using?

Thanks.

Austin.

I have a problem with them price fixing :) they have told their suppliers to price the units at ÂŁ125 or they will no longer supply them. They know it's illegal but if you can get away with and cream a few more quid out of the installer and end user what the heck.

yes, we put these in on every g83 install. The problems we have had recently are that the units keeping dropping out with the transmitter. However, we tried the wattson and that was worse. Unless anyone can recommend an alternative for the price we will just keep plugging away.
We send out new units in the post with a return envelope for faulty ones and must reurn at least 1 a week!

We have all of the above problems we the GEO Solo, also when they have been sent back they come back weeks later with the same fault. I was thinking about offering the Wattson but after hearing pohez I think I'll try one on my own system first.

Tom

Same problems here as the OP apart from going black. Never had that one.
Freezing and re-pairing is quite a hassle but when it's working it's a good unit. Shame really.

Apart from SMA Sunnybeams we have had problems with all the monitors we have tried, has anyone got a suggestions for something that works with Fronius and Aurrora?

Tom

We've used about 40 of these units and we've had no end of headaches from them. To be totally honest, I don't think that they're fit for purpose and I don't think that the manufacturers even care.

We won't be buying any more - they're costing us a fortune in revisits.

It's a shame that the eager salespeople at the various solar events decided to omit the information that batteries would need replacing every 12 months and that they would need repairing every single time. Also, it only takes something like the neighbour to buy a new phone and the connection can again be lost.

Im really surprised to hear this, we been using GEO for a wee while now and had no problems reported so that's either A) The customers having issues but not reporting (CBA) B) There working well and all is good.

Yes in the beginning we had some teething issues but all is good ATM.

Reply to Geo Solo Monitor. Anyone else having multiple problems? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net