Aico 3000
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss getting 0M ohms L- N on Lighting Circuit and cooker Circuit... in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

iwantmyNVQ

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

....but RCD doesn't trip? Surely if it has a short circuit somewhere I shouldn't be able to liven the installation??

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
O

oldtimer

just because the cooker is switched off does not mean its isolated I was called out to a job because the domestic appliance guy got a belt because the live inside the switch was welded on plus why did you not disconnect the cable at the switch to prove or disprove your reading

Reaction score

....but RCD doesn't trip? Surely if it has a short circuit somewhere I shouldn't be able to liven the installation??

How did you measure the 0M? If it was through an insulation test then on my tester 0 is shown for anything less than 20K. Measure it using continuity test and see how many ohms you get then!

Reaction score

An rcd works on L and N imbalance... If there was a short circuit between them it would not affect the rcd... That would be the mcb's job.

More than likely a a load connected. Have you disconnected it from the rcd? Lol!

Reply to getting 0M ohms L- N on Lighting Circuit and cooker Circuit... in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net