Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss getting back in the game in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

big-aj

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hello everyone

To start with I have for the last 10 yrs been working as a glazier (don't ask!) but am getting to old for it. I have now decided to try to get back to my original profession of an electrician. I qualified as an approved spark in 1980 so I have been round the block a bit. At the moment I am studying for the 17th edition only cause I just missed out on the 16th, what I need to know is has the game changed that much in 10 yrs because I desperately need to get back into it. Am I too old to get back into it at 47 or can an olden still make the grade?

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
W

wayne

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
welcome ,in my opinion it hasnt changed a great deal .Yes they're are new regs and new wire colours, .
if you got a few years of experience then its a case of shaking off the rust
as you say you,re doing the 17th regs then its a case of which box do you want to be in domestic commercial industrial etc and do you need any further qualification ie cscs pasma ipal ..........

B

big-aj

Thanks for your replies, they are greatly appreciated. I answer to your questions since I trained as an electrician I have worked in allthe mentioned areas so I don't mind which area I work in.

W

wayne

so is your next plan to look for work or have you something lined up?

R

rumrunner

Hi
Of course your not too old,as long as your confident ,and can get jobs done:)
you will get snapped up,you will be spoilt for choice:)
all the very best with it:)

D

Darius-parky

Good, reliable and technically competent electricians are like works of art. The older they get more valuable they become.

Keep on going mate another 4 years you will become 51 years young like me.

danzor

-
Mentor
Arms
get yourself a testing kit and go that way tbh. easy work etc lets face it at 47 you don't wanna be running around pulling cables?

B

big-aj

Thanks again for the replies, testing sounds very tempting I shall have to look into it and in answer Wayne no I don't have anything at the moment but I am making a few enquiries

Reply to getting back in the game in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom