Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss getting back in the game in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

big-aj

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hello everyone

To start with I have for the last 10 yrs been working as a glazier (don't ask!) but am getting to old for it. I have now decided to try to get back to my original profession of an electrician. I qualified as an approved spark in 1980 so I have been round the block a bit. At the moment I am studying for the 17th edition only cause I just missed out on the 16th, what I need to know is has the game changed that much in 10 yrs because I desperately need to get back into it. Am I too old to get back into it at 47 or can an olden still make the grade?

W

wayne

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
welcome ,in my opinion it hasnt changed a great deal .Yes they're are new regs and new wire colours, .
if you got a few years of experience then its a case of shaking off the rust
as you say you,re doing the 17th regs then its a case of which box do you want to be in domestic commercial industrial etc and do you need any further qualification ie cscs pasma ipal ..........

B

big-aj

Thanks for your replies, they are greatly appreciated. I answer to your questions since I trained as an electrician I have worked in allthe mentioned areas so I don't mind which area I work in.

W

wayne

so is your next plan to look for work or have you something lined up?

R

rumrunner

Hi
Of course your not too old,as long as your confident ,and can get jobs done:)
you will get snapped up,you will be spoilt for choice:)
all the very best with it:)

D

Darius-parky

Good, reliable and technically competent electricians are like works of art. The older they get more valuable they become.

Keep on going mate another 4 years you will become 51 years young like me.

danzor

-
Mentor
Arms
get yourself a testing kit and go that way tbh. easy work etc lets face it at 47 you don't wanna be running around pulling cables?

B

big-aj

Thanks again for the replies, testing sounds very tempting I shall have to look into it and in answer Wayne no I don't have anything at the moment but I am making a few enquiries

Reply to getting back in the game in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom