Discuss Getting back into the game after over 10 years out in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Early Next year I will be taking my 18th edition course to get me up to date but am I allowed to trade before then (self employed) as I am only skilled to 16th edition.
I understand all work will need to be to 18th standard which isn't an issue.
I'm based in Scotland if that makes any difference.
My work will be mainly domestic based

no problem. just crack on. no part pee to worry about up there. as long as you can work to 18th and are able to test and complete certs.

10 years is not that long really , the main big thing to read up on are surge devices.
Don't forget metal fuse boxes and lots of metal fixings are now all the rage.
You might want to invest in a torque screwdriver and remember on a domestic to RCD everything....

10 years is not that long really , the main big thing to read up on are surge devices.
Don't forget metal fuse boxes and lots of metal fixings are now all the rage.
You might want to invest in a torque screwdriver and remember on a domestic to RCD everything....
Rcbos everywhere ?

Thanks mate. Still kept a vested interest in the game. Just wasn't practicing as a spark during that time other than the odd homer.

I did exactly the same. 10 years out, but kept my hand in with little jobs for family. Got my 17th, but never sent off for my card.... now, back self employed, got 18th and still not sent off for my card.

Yes it is simpler without part p, no doubt about it.

Reply to Getting back into the game after over 10 years out in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So i am a 66 year old still working in the electrical game,done 50 years work and despite a recent 4 months off due to illness,without work i was...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I am looking at gaining electrical qualifications in order to do installations and self certify ect. My background is...
Replies
Views
NICEIC Certification Scheme Getting accredited to
Looking for some advice regarding joining a CPS. I've been in the electrical industry in various roles for nearly 10 years. I started my...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock