Discuss Getting part p registered in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jasew

I'm fully qualified got my 2391 etc . I'm looking to register myself with nic.
My question is can I carry out my two installations for inspection - then when I pass use nic to notify labc ?

Labc fees are absolutely ridiculous .

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Jase

The NICEIC seem to have a different take on this, they seem to insist you notify the LABC before they come and Assess you, and pay for notification.

If you contact NAPIT or ELECSA they advise you ring the LABC to inform them what your doing and quite often the LABC will not raise a building warrent, and you can do the work then on assessment self certificate.

Best to do is call the NICEIC and ask them.

I'm fully qualified got my 2391 etc . I'm looking to register myself with nic.
My question is can I carry out my two installations for inspection - then when I pass use nic to notify labc ?

Labc fees are absolutely ridiculous .

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Jase

The official line is no but ask to speak with your assessor prior to your assessment (you often have to wait a few weeks anyway) and he will most likely say he's ok for you to notify after the assessment.

I did mine with elecsa, they were fine with notifying after the assessment. as long as you have your EIC to show them.

Cheers guys - Best to phone them.
Does anyone find they lose out on work by being with one of the lesser known schemes ?

Jase

not really i find that customers dont usally ask, the only question that they ask me is "can you sign your own work off".

I was advised that you don't finish the installation :) until the assessment day. its ok to use it for your assessment and certifacte it (if you pass of course)

I was advised that you don't finish the installation :) until the assessment day. its ok to use it for your assessment and certifacte it (if you pass of course)

And what common sense advise that is
You deserve a thank you for that
Anyone asking this question yet again.I will quote your reply :)

I phoned up to ask this and literally got told to photocopy some blank test sheets and fill them out, so I did now I just need to notify LABC when I get my company registration number through from the NICEIC, here are the exact test sheets I presented to him...

testsheet1.jpg
testsheet2.jpg
testsheet3.jpg

I did some calling about yesterday.

NICEIC : After a 15 minute wait on phone got a fairly friendly guy who made me feel like an idiot for asking !

LABC : Straight through - to get told I need to pay £204 for my work to be retested + the cost of a building notice. At this point I nearly gave up getting registered to look for a job in tesco at the weekends.

But

I called Elecsa : What a friendly lady on the phone. Her advice was to pay my registration fee then explain to LABC that elecsa would be checking my work and hope that they would waive the fees.

On that phone call alone I will be joining Elecsa.

Cheers

I did some calling about yesterday.

NICEIC : After a 15 minute wait on phone got a fairly friendly guy who made me feel like an idiot for asking !

LABC : Straight through - to get told I need to pay £204 for my work to be retested + the cost of a building notice. At this point I nearly gave up getting registered to look for a job in tesco at the weekends.

But

I called Elecsa : What a friendly lady on the phone. Her advice was to pay my registration fee then explain to LABC that elecsa would be checking my work and hope that they would waive the fees.

On that phone call alone I will be joining Elecsa.

Cheers

theres loads been written on here about Elecsa, and a fair bit of it by me. I wont bang on, have a good nosey about. I have been with them for a few years, no problems at all.

Cheers........Howard

Reply to Getting part p registered in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net