• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss GFI keeps tripping in the Advice for Professional Canadian Electricians area at ElectriciansForums.net

I wired my garage this summer. Installed panel, laced it in. 24 circuits. Over 200 plugs lights ect. No issues. It all works fine
Except 1 circuit. 15 amp runs from panel to 1 gfi. Loads out to basic 15 amp plug. From there to gfi number 2 in the bathroom. In on the line terminals of course. Load out to 1 more basic 15 amp plug , then off to run a switched fan.

When I power up circuit, gfi 1 trips. Never the breaker. I remove gfi 1 then either direct connect the hot/neutral in the box or install a basic plug in the gfi 1 box. No problems. Circuit works great. Gfi 2 never trips. Loads out to plug and switched fan fine. Put any gfi back into gfi 1 location, gfi trips. Never the breaker.

Any ideas? I could always just marett the hot/neutral in gfi box 1 and put a full cover on it and call it a junction box as it's not really needed but I am puzzled and would like to find out what's going on. Tested all plugs with a neutral short to ground, ohm test plug in tool. Get ok on every plug

I am moving this to the Canadian forum where you may get better advice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am moving this to the Canadian forum where you may get better advice.
Why? Electricity works the same way around the world. V=IR in all countries plus there is a way better chance I’ll get more views if it’s also outside of Canada.

Matthewd29

-
Arms
Esteemed
Why? Electricity works the same way around the world. V=IR in all countries plus there is a way better chance I’ll get more views if it’s also outside of Canada.
Very little is the same to be quite honest which is obvious from your post. Westward is only trying to help you to get better advice relevant to you.

Megawatt

-
Arms
Advent Win
@Alberttaktm GFCI receptacles are very sensitive and do just go bad at times

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to GFI keeps tripping in the Advice for Professional Canadian Electricians area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom