Discuss Ghost voltage,scaring my knees ... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

PEG

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just a bit of fun,but a good example of the wonderful world of electrical phenomena...

Out first thing,this morning,checking out a pals spraying rig,which he stores near his muck heap.

I'm rushing back and forth to the back of me trol,and it's a lovely morning,so shorts are on,and i lean up to the rear step,to grab some tools, and ZAP! ....a right crack of a shock,across both knees.

No matter how fast i retried - a big zap,every time. I had a clue what was occurring...

Got me DMM out,clipped one probe on the door catch,the other stuck in the ground ... nearly 300 volts AC :oops:

You can see the pylon cables in the picture,but they are away to the side a good 50 meters :)

Ghost voltage,scaring my knees ... 20190916_103617 - EletriciansForums.netGhost voltage,scaring my knees ... 20190916_103646 - EletriciansForums.netMaybe it's a sign of now having magical powers,and being able to heal,by merely "laying hands"....

.....I'll try it out tomorrow...on a broken garden chair...:cool:

Are you going to the tip with all that gear in the back off the taliban fourbefour
Or you just got back from it ,lol.

Love it.....that's always facial expression No.1,out of three,on my arrival...."Derision" o_O

...Followed by No.2 ..."Joy" on an issue solved...:)

...and finally No.3 ..."Shock" a fee applied :joycat:

No greater pleasure in christendom,than having somebody in a brand new 30 grand Transporter,asking "....so go on,pal,how did you fix it???" :mad:

No.....had this before,just gave me a surprise,as belt across me knees was special:D

Only glad i hadn't decided to have a widdle,up against the old girl....

Or the vehicle ;) :)

As the interest in electrical phenomena has waned...and a renewed excitement,regarding my underwear,has emerged....i can report,i was wearing full x6 class ansi boots...and my usual full silicone rubber bodice, which i borrowed off Polystyrene,from X-ray Specs...

Far from it... there's 400kV lines crossing our paddocks and when I get a spare hour I'll be taking the Landy and a meter over there to emulate your test and shall report back with the results :D
be careful with a landy. attaching a meter will probably blow fuses and wreck the valves in the ECU.

Far from it... there's 400kV lines crossing our paddocks and when I get a spare hour I'll be taking the Landy and a meter over there to emulate your test and shall report back with the results :D
If it is a seriesIII or older,don't park it there for too long....there will be nowt left but three different coloured gear knobs,and a pile of bauxite...:cool:

Reply to Ghost voltage,scaring my knees ... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock