Discuss Gibraltar rules for a rising company in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Systelec

Hi everybody,

I'm new in this forum, so we'd like to thanks in advance all the help you give. It's really priceless.

We' re a rising spanish company based in Gibraltar and we're really lost.
We've made some electrical installations in Gib with spanish sparks , but we want to jump into the legal side, making things in the right way.
We have well trained staff (Engineers, Technicians, Electricians) and we're working for years in Spain, with no problems to certificate projects & installations following the Spanish Rules & Laws.
Now we want to get the certifications for our staff in order they can sign projects & certification according the gib rules. We don't know which Laws rule there about wiring installations (UK, EU,own rules...?)

We really appreciate any clue.
thanks in advance.

Carlos

Is that a good idea, what with the Spanish getting all stroppy with the border crossing again?! :)

Archy, I don't care the border policies. This is just a "cold war" tool between Spanish & UK goverments. The working people don't mind about this issues, they just want to pay their bills.
We've worked in Gib for months and no problems with Gib people, companies & rules. We only had problems with neverending queues because of Spanish Customs policies :-(

The electrical & construction sector in Spain is almost dead, and Gib is an Island of possibilities in the middle of a sea of unemployed people.

We MUST to try it.

You should be able to get all the information you need from the local Government offices, or even the official government website....

Hi I'm working in Gib at the moment basically UK rules.

Ok, mydigitalhome,
Do you know if there is any kind of international accordance between engineers colleges to valid projects?
Will I need a english engineer to "sign" my projects even if it is signed in Spain?

Thanks

Is that a good idea, what with the Spanish getting all stroppy with the border crossing again?! :)

i don't know why the sovereignty of gibraltar is such an issue for the spanish government. the territory's had a couple of referenda on the issue over the last 45 years and the people obviously consider themselves british. i thought spain became a democracy when franco pegged it, in '75.

and why should we take them seriously as long as they continue to defend their claims over the autonomous cities of ceuta and melilla?

if they want to take the moral high ground, i suggest they give olivenca back to the portugese.

spain's a third world country, they'd run giraltar into the ground.

i don't know why the sovereignty of gibraltar is such an issue for the spanish government. the territory's had a couple of referenda on the issue over the last 45 years and the people obviously consider themselves british. i thought spain became a democracy when franco pegged it, in '75.

and why should we take them seriously as long as they continue to defend their claims over the autonomous cities of ceuta and melilla?

if they want to take the moral high ground, i suggest they give olivenca back to the portugese.

spain's a third world country, they'd run giraltar into the ground.

Please, don't let this thread became a political discussion.

I'm just a bussines man and I don't mind this kind of issues. There are companies from all around the world based in Gibraltar because of several reasons.

Spain is different, that's true. I've worked in Germany and UK too, and any country has his own particularities. And nobody likes someone is always bringing to present his darkest past.

If you take a look in the northside of Spain, you could see something similar. A few people claiming for independence, but if you go to Bilbao you doesn't feel like a strange, the normal people don't mind these things. It just a political weapon used by spanish politics.

If you take a walk by the south of Spain, you don't find any kind of hostility. There a lot of spanish people that work in Gibraltar and a lot of gibraltarians that live in Sotogrande, La Linea, San Roque, etc...and this is GREAT. Everybody wins.
Please, ask to spanish people who live near gibraltar about the sovereignty issue: THEY DON'T MIND

Now, can anyone help me with my questions, please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still looking for help

My best guess, is that our BS 7671 17th edition regs will apply. Having been to Gib on more than several occasions, and it is British, then i would assume all British Standards will apply, but i may be wrong because even though it is Blighty in the sun ( i watched it on telly) they drive on the wrong side of the road, not that that has anything to do with electric, it is just an observation. Oh and the smokes are eye wateringly cheap.

Chers...............Howard

Reply to Gibraltar rules for a rising company in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net