Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Give me strength.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

OK, doing a small fix for an elderly couple on my way home today and needed the access the loft space above the kitchen.

So I tried to push the loft hatch upwards and it was being prevented from moving directly upwards, so I had to very carefully slide it away - and wondering what was the issue I looked up........

Loft hatch.jpg

What idiot put those there????

Last edited by a moderator:

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
At least they're supported... :lol:

imago

-
Arms
Esteemed
Age of roof trusses appear to pre date the joist hangers on loft hole it's been enlarged
J
Agreed. I'd put money on that loft hatch having been extended. Prior to which those cables would have run past the end as they do on a lot of properties.

D

Deleted member 9648

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed. I'd put money on that loft hatch having been extended. Prior to which those cables would have run past the end as they do on a lot of properties.
Me too....I think the Homeowner is responsible and prefered to keep quiet rather than look a muppet.

G

Guest55

Youre lucky ! loft i went into 2 weeks ago had water pipe across the hatch !
Bad language echoed around the neighbourhood :-D

S

Swicade

At least those supplies wont get de-rated due to the itchy stuff

1shortcircuit

Perhaps the joist was too large or rough to do chin-ups on. The PVC should be much smoother :lol

Reply to Give me strength.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom