Discuss glad i cheked what id bought in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
i bought a board today with tails from a wholesaler i dont normally use, and i notced the name on it 'atlas kablo', it rang bells for the wrong reasons, so i went on the ACI website and found that atlas kablo have had their basec licence revoked, its never concerned me before because the wholesaler i normally use supply prysmian, ill be going to take them back tomorrow as i dont fancy putting my carrer on the line. has any one else been sold this garbage lately

Bloody hell. Saw quite a bit of their twin on fleabay lately, just looked ropey to me so I didn't have any of it, glad I was right!

Page 7 of this months professional electrician !....Edited qoute..." we are shocked by these findings...........it is clear the company has been making substandard cables in 2009...............are installations safe "

This is highly paraphrased and I can post the article with mods permission

Hmmm it's actually Turkish but has a big old fanbase in Poland and Eastern Europe, I'd be willing to wager a lot of that stuff is being bought over here whenever our cousins have a visit home.

Maybe it's just been the cable all along.....

personally if it don't say basec on the cable, i won't buy it

This stuff does though..... they've had a basec licence until recently but it's thought they may have been making shoddy stuff (basec marked) since 2009.

I'm a bit worried now, I know i've not had any of their twin, but tails on the other hand - I wouldn't know.

I only buy 'good' branded cable eg prysmain or draka for these very reasons stated above. same with all the other stuff I use, no point cuttign corners too much. things are usually cheap for a good reason.

Reply to glad i cheked what id bought in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock