CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss glasses in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest111

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Well it finally happened,my arms finally became too short to hold a book when reading so I ended up with glasses,now I can enjoy reading again but what a bugger when I forget to take them off and end up walking round like I,ve had a few beers and everything in the distance is blurry.Wife thinks I look like a teacher with me glasses perched on the end of my nose so I can look over them at the tv and then back down at the laptop.Getting old great isnt it? lol

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
M

mayfair

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Your lucky m8, I used to love the perched on the nose bit. Ive just had verifocals im like one of those noddy dogs they used to have in back windows of cars.

A

alarm man

im running low on lamp oil too,but told by a customer (optician) not to give in too soon as the eyes will rely on the glasses once you start using them ,its coming tho

G

Guest111

im running low on lamp oil too,but told by a customer (optician) not to give in too soon as the eyes will rely on the glasses once you start using them ,its coming tho
been fighting it for over a year,can see great at distance and in the dark,it,s just close up work.Still if ever I get caught with an ugly bird I could blame it on not having my glasses

A

alarm man

been fighting it for over a year,can see great at distance and in the dark,it,s just close up work.Still if ever I get caught with an ugly bird I could blame it on not having my glasses
just blame the drink,everyone else does:smile:

1shortcircuit

Phil, if it helps we could all post in a larger font size :)

My Dad had to wear glasses at a young age and regrets it. He now wears lenses that are almost as thick as milk bottles.

I too was advised to wear glasses at the age of 16, I did.... to the clubs as they made me look older lol Until I lost them one night. Never worn a pair since but I do suffer on occasions, prime example was when I was doing my studying.

Richard Burns

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I wear glasses anyway but the last two check ups I had they have said the gap is closing up and I now have the perched glasses for reading, still holding out so far, so long as I can get my nose extended!!

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
i've been wearing goggles for distance since 14. just slightly short-sighted, but have always had to take 'em off for close-up. now the close-up needs glasses for small stuff. i can read 10pt. without, but wiring things up needs a bit of assistance. tried varifocals, which were fine if what i needed to see close up was below my nose, but say wiring an alarm PIR above my head would require dennis tailor's.

G

Guest55

i've been wearing goggles for distance since 14. just slightly short-sighted, but have always had to take 'em off for close-up. now the close-up needs glasses for small stuff. i can read 10pt. without, but wiring things up needs a bit of assistance. tried varifocals, which were fine if what i needed to see close up was below my nose, but say wiring an alarm PIR above my head would require dennis tailor's.
professor-hubert-j-farnsworth.png

^^^ telectrix.
:-D

K

Knobhead

I’m long sighted in one eye and short in the other. I tried contacts for a while, the inevitable happened, groggy headed one morning I got them mixed up! Back to two pairs of gig lamps now.
I’ve worn glasses since I was 18 moths old, so I’ve never known any different.

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
I'm lucky, I only need glasses for driving and then for only long periods, got snow blindness in Norway and it's taken me a few years to recover. Hopefully I won't need them for many years yet.

I’m long sighted in one eye and short in the other. I tried contacts for a while, the inevitable happened, groggy headed one morning I got them mixed up! Back to two pairs of gig lamps now.
I’ve worn glasses since I was 18 moths old, so I’ve never known any different.
I'm the same although the optician only fitted a contact lense in my left eye!. Been wearing glasses since I was 7, the nice company I work for now pays for bi-focal safety glasses for me.

Jimmy Boy

-
Arms
yep i gave in two years ago, buggered if I wanted to tho...I'm 51 now and only look 20..well I would that's why I need glasses !

I would suggest that you look at the far bottom left key on your keyboard..hold it down it's the Ctrl button, and at the same time press the '+' key far right on the top of keyboard this will make all text larger, inversely the '-' is to it's left if you want to reduce text size

J

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to glasses in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom