Discuss Go on, then, code this one.... ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
The delights of being a rural based sparks are that my day started cold and frosty and talking to a horse (really did) about an electric fence I was about to turn off. A few hours later, in my wellies, I found myself in a stream, under a bridge.......

View attachment IMG_7474[1].MOV

Very interested to get views on this. I already have mine! Galve box is unglanded/unsealed/un-everything'd, actually open to rain from above as well through gaps in the bridge....... but (amazingly) bone dry inside. 10mm SWA going in, 10mm T&E going out, joined by connector strip and bodge tape.

Last edited:
So what did the horse have to say about it?
Oh, the horse has an entirely different set of problems. She (mare) just wants to be able to see properly after about a 50v drop by the time her supply gets there.

Returning to the subject of selection and erection....

It might be dry in there now but no precautions have been taken to prevent corrosion of the terminals and there are signs of corrosion. No, wait, what is T+E doing nailed to the inside of a culvert? That deserves a C2 because it's just pants.

With a wheel and a few flaps you could go green with hydro.?
As it happens....... this EICR is the start of a much bigger project to eventually do just that!

C3 for no Gn/Y sleeve/tape on the yellow of the SWA.

Doesnt look like the box itself is earthed, I guess through the gland if it's done the other end too, but it is rusty, nothing stopping the T/E being pulled or snagged out, also not very nibble proof given its location, C2 from me

Interesting.... mixed bag. I'm actually giving it a C3 because whilst it's a pile of pants the only thing that is clearly wrong with it is inappropriate selection for environmental factors, missing an outlet gland and as Tel said, incorrectly ID'd terminations. It's secure, clearly watertight despite the odds, earthed, available to inspection..... it's even arguably out of reach (as only a tool would go stooping under a bridge... ?).

It's also going to be replaced regardless, so it's mildly irrelevant.

agree with C3 as I can't see a danger, immediate or potential (unlees some idiot goes poking round it with a wet neon screwdriver).

Interesting.... mixed bag. I'm actually giving it a C3 because whilst it's a pile of pants the only thing that is clearly wrong with it is inappropriate selection for environmental factors, missing an outlet gland and as Tel said, incorrectly ID'd terminations. It's secure, clearly watertight despite the odds, earthed, available to inspection..... it's even arguably out of reach (as only a tool would go stooping under a bridge... ?).

It's also going to be replaced regardless, so it's mildly irrelevant.
Not readily accessible then.....if it needs a tool to open it....

Not readily accessible then.....if it needs a tool to open it....
at least someone finally spotted the joke.....

Reply to Go on, then, code this one.... ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net