Discuss Going For Your CSCS Card in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Bane

Well, had my CSCS exam on Saturday. Passed. Think it's pretty scandalous that you have to pay £42.50 for this 'exam' but...

Anyway, bought another CD (Yep cirrus, from ebay, for a fiver. Well £4!) :) and thought it was very useful.

Contains all the questions and answers that you'll be asked on the CSCS exam.
Generates random exams to practice with.
Provides a 'check and review' to see which questions you got wrong (if any).
Test yourself on seperate subjects if you're weak in a particular area (eg: handheld tools)

Basically, go on ebay and type in 'CSCS'.
Anyone going in for this exam, it's not difficult, really. However, £4 well spent on this CD in my opinion (£2CD £2p+p) if you feel you want to revise beforehand(which you should)

I did mine before xmas Bane and it cost me £35. I got a revision book with all the answers for that so no cd needed. I pased too. Well done by the way matey

ha ha taking me won't be hard but Tony - well, he is a different league alltogether. One of the old school who really knows his onions;)

Well I'm just a lowly labourer/mate so I went for the CSCS Operatives Card.
Someone did suggest another card to me. It's on this forum somewhere. I'll have a look for it...

Go on the website, CITB-ConstructionSkills or something, call the number and explain your situation and they'll tell you which one you need.

Alternatively, wait for someone more informedthan I to come on here and tell you :)

CSCS card is awarded by the ECS and is needed to work on site. Some companies have an umbrella qualification allowing their staff to work on site without getting individual CSCS cards.

You should have received it within a week.
Try calling them again. Quoting your reference number from the temporary card they gave you (the A4 sheet given to you after you passed)

Alright Bane,

Which card level did you go for? - I'm trying figure out which level people mean when they say 'cscs' card required - I looked on the cscs website and found this list of levels:

http://www.cscs.uk.com/RunScript.asp?page=133&p=ASP\Pg133.asp#MoreGreen

From what i can see you need a trainee or green card level to get on site: - but it seems difficult if you can't get that without being employed in the first place? [as you need a job to get on the NVQ or get accredited at work] - according to the appendix in the cscs scheme p.23 here:

http://www.cscs.uk.com/upload_folder/downloadmaterials/scheme-booklet-may-07.pdf

Any info would be good.

ta.

Well I'm just a lowly labourer/mate so I went for the CSCS Operatives Card.
Someone did suggest another card to me. It's on this forum somewhere. I'll have a look for it...

Go on the website, CITB-ConstructionSkills or something, call the number and explain your situation and they'll tell you which one you need.

Alternatively, wait for someone more informedthan I to come on here and tell you :)

.. this post didn't come up last time sorry !! haha

Last edited by a moderator:
as a spark do i need a different cscs card? i took the test b4 xmas last year now been told i need to get a sparks cscs card any info on this and the cost? and the locality vof a test centre in the walsall area?

Electricians should apply for an ECS (Electrotechnical Certification Scheme) Card, which is administered by the JIB. It is affiliated to CSCS. A standard CSCS card is not appropriate for electrical work.

Does any body know where i can get free revision material for the cscs exam as buyin the book will bankrupt me :drool5: thanks tozz

A fire extinguisher is red
If there's a fire get out of the building
If something is broken tell your supervisor.

That's pretty much all you need to know; I did the CSCS quiz a couple of years ago, took me about 5 minutes.
As mentioned at the start of the thread (from about 3 years ago) you can get a CD on ebay for £4, but around here £4 will get you a cool refreshing glass of beer.

Reply to Going For Your CSCS Card in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock