Discuss Going into rov work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Was thinking about looking into becoming an rov pilot a friend of mine said they like people with electrical or mechanical experience. Anyone on this forum gone from being a spark to rov what did you think. Is it worth doing course at the underwater centre or to try and get into a company and they train you. Thoughts and opinons would be appreciated. thanks.

i know a guy who's a dive instructor "technical" not muppet. works now in south africa offshore rob pilot. i think,great job. being able to hammer hydraulics about in a howling swell at 4 am would boost your chances of getting work.

Good luck! It's a well paid job but usually only on day rate. It's a hard field to get into especially as a trainee rov tech.

yeah ive been told that quite a competitive induistry so is electrical im fully qualified got my bosiet anbd mist havent got my compex but a lot off boys have done all these courses and find it hard to get offshore debating weather to do rov course lot of money to spend though or myb do compex and try get off fancy a change though.

Try for the rigs. It may take a while to get into. My mate is a welder and it took him 2 years to get offshore. There's an oil rig coming to Belfast to be re-fitted it's only 3 months work, but it will give you experience on an oil rig. If your interested I can send you a link.

My brother did the course at the underwater centre about 7 or 8 years ago I'm sure it was about 9k or thereabouts.
he got a job quickly but I think it was right place right time as anybody will tell you about offshore work.
put it this way he can't get me a start!
oceaneering has a good site about it all if you need to know abit more about it all.

Reply to Going into rov work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock