Discuss Going NIC route in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

Cirrus

Have been offered a bit of a golden opportunity which means I could well be employing 3 people in next couple of months to provide rewires to a local authority. The main contractor has insisted that my newly formed company is NIC registered. How quickly can I do this as I would need to be signing off within weeks really.

I'm not. Have been signing off for my boss but have been offered the chance to set up on my own.

hi cirrus, from the initial application to nic it takes about 6-8 weeks, thats for domestic installer that is. dont know if you might be able get it done quicker. great news either way matey!

suppose really you'd have to go down the labc route untill you were sorted with niccy, which could put £150 on each properties bill. might have to have a word with your client and explain this as the properties you complete before registration wont obviously be covered by niccy. dont know of any other way round it, unless other peeps have some other ideas??

why dont you offer ya existing gaffer a good drink for signing the first lot off on his paperwork,thats of course assuming there will be no animosity when you leave your current job.just a thought.

would your client entertain labc sorting the 1st batch of jobs out then? i dont see any other way of doing it, unless you know another local spark very well and he'd be prepared to help out?? maybe you could could come to some arrangement with another spark to effectively subby the work to him just for certification purposes??

It needs thinking about in detail really. It has all happened 6 months sooner than I expected so I thought I had time to get my 2391 and then get my registration sorted. Trouble is, you snooze you lose and I have worked hard to get myself in this position.

phone the NIC up mate and dangle the carrot in their face ,they might see the poundsigns and agree to speeding up the process for ya,if you apply for it straight away use any two of your jobs that you have done in the past,give NIC your job addresses straight away and i reckon you might drop lucky.you never know.failing that give me the job and i will give you a drink.ha ha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Paul. Am sure you will remember me when you are on your yacht in Barbados eh?:rolleyes:;)

Dont get feeling bad about shafting your gaffer mate,everybody who has made it in business has shafted someone at some point:D

if you got your quals in place you can sign off straight away as a probationary member, if not you can do there trade test (usually 2 day course and free with napit)

Reply to Going NIC route in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock