Discuss Going NIC route in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Im in a similar scenario at the moment Cirrus mate (although im a good way off landing a 200 grand contract - nice one!).

I am getting involved with more and more work every week outside of my regular job. I had plans of giving it a go alone sometime next year. My 2391 course is due to start in January. Initial plan was to get that under my belt and then look at joining either NICEIC, Elecsa or Napit.

I consider myself competent to test now as I am doing it daily.

Got a job coming up soon. Extension off the back of a detached house. All done legit with planning permission and building control involved.

Spoke to building control today. They are asking £280 to come out and pass it all and test the work im installing.
For another £80 plus VAT I could join Elecsa for the year! Problem is now that I can start first fixing from Monday and dont see how I am going to be approved in time to sign it off under a scheme.

So what do I do? Turn down £1200 work? Or pay building control £280?

Who knows. Looks like im going to need to decide on a scheme sooner than I thought.

If anyone wants to give me some advice id appreciate it.

Start the job......... join elecsa and WHEN you pass sign it off. You have 1 month after completion to sign the job off. You should get your accessment by then.

Mark

Paid Elecsa last week, got assesment end of this month, they told me carry on doing work as you have 1 month to submit jobs, once through assesment submit certs to them, so no need for LABC.

wonder if same for niciec,? paid them,need to submit 2 jobs done in last 12 months ,will they want to see building control involvment,?catch 22,you need to be comp persons sceme to get /do work,not always cost effective to involve building control every time when just starting out hmmm.

I was with NIlC last year, when i had my assesment produced LABC cert for major job, NIC guy asked why i had done that should have just submitted job after assesment.!!!

well my major{yeh not much}but for assesment i was thinking a c,u i changed for dad 6 months ago, its to 16th not 17th regs ie rcbos etc as was designed over a year ago........ahem. didnt want guy to turn up, ask for labc,then me in poo ! will mean my assesment gets done faster otherwise i gotta find a job where customer not mind labc being involved / cost etc but then who will give you a job if you aint part poo registered:(even though did 236 over 10 years ago returning to the trade<been in lift industry but kept my hand in>i hant been advertising untill get my domestic installer badge just jobs for mates and reccomendations etc.got my multifunction tester calibrated today, slow process!!!

Reply to Going NIC route in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock