Discuss Going self employed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Judd

-
Reaction score
Sorry for long post in advance
After some honest advice about making the leap from being an employee to being my own boss, Been working as a spark for nearly 12 years and feel I've amassed a decent amount of experience and knowledge to have a crack myself, I've always worked for companies from an apprentice through to the present. Where i work at the moment isn't bad, pay is average and the works easy peasy and I've got a layed back supervisor. Only problem is it's too easy, unmotivating, uninspiring and just plain boring at times.
Recently ive been getting an increasing amount of additional work, nothing major but none the less a nice little side income. What's holding me back atm and I'm sure has others is a worry of lack of work if I were to go it alone, I'm thinking of possibly combining a mix of subbing myself out/ Agency when I don't have much work? Can this be done successfully?
Anyone with any experience making this transition please comment.
Thanks

Sorry for long post in advance
After some honest advice about making the leap from being an employee to being my own boss, Been working as a spark for nearly 12 years and feel I've amassed a decent amount of experience and knowledge to have a crack myself, I've always worked for companies from an apprentice through to the present. Where i work at the moment isn't bad, pay is average and the works easy peasy and I've got a layed back supervisor. Only problem is it's too easy, unmotivating, uninspiring and just plain boring at times.
Recently ive been getting an increasing amount of additional work, nothing major but none the less a nice little side income. What's holding me back atm and I'm sure has others is a worry of lack of work if I were to go it alone, I'm thinking of possibly combining a mix of subbing myself out/ Agency when I don't have much work? Can this be done successfully?
Anyone with any experience making this transition please comment.
Thanks

If you are good at what you do,
Are good at customer relations.
Have enough time at the end of the day to do all your paper work (1 to 2) hours a day
Have enough cash saved to cover living expenses for 3 months.
You are in a great position to go it alone
P.s. you won’t have no work for 3 months but it will help the transition from employed to self unemployed to self employed.

Reply to Going self employed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net