Discuss Good brand of steel cap boots and good tools to start off as an apprentice with. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

alex96

Well I just got myself an apprenticeship :grin: and was wondering what brand would be best for steel cap boots, also do electricians tend to wear a certain colour like black or honey coloured (sounds stupid I know lol)

What brand of tools would be good to start off with, mainly the basics like screwdrivers and wire strippers. Preferably a decent brand which will last a while.

Many thanks!!! :coolgleamA:

Well done on managing to get an apprenticeship, hope it all goes well.

I think the colour of the boots will not matter too much, but you cannot go wrong with black, probably pink would get a few comments.

There are already soem good threads on work boots and tools on the forum, try the serach for first tool kit and apprentice tools, work boots and safety boots, just note the dates fo the posts as soem can be quite old.

here are a few to start you off:
http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/electrical-tools-products/81862-apprentice-tool-help.html
http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/electrical-tools-products/60977-work-boots.html
http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/electrical-tools-products/87999-new-boots.html
and if you have access to the trainee section
http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...6-apprentice-trainee-starter-tools-guide.html

I would say get reasonable tools to start with, not the most expensive, and get used to what you like then you can get the ones you will use for years.
Do not overspend on tools initially, find out from your apprenticeship which ones you have to borrow often and get those tools, they will be the ones you will need.

stick to dewalt apprentice boots. there ÂŁ50 and last a while.

me and a lot of others here pay through the nose for ott gear. haix boots, veto pro packs etc

all black gear is fine, a stanley technician bag, the wallet set of wiha snips and 5 drivers.

to be honest buy 1 bit at a time or it will be very expensive, ive probably got over ÂŁ600 just in hand tools in my bag (inc cost of bag) (I have a very large bag)

I second the Dewalt Apprentice boots, well worth the money. Well worth getting into the trainee section too. Generally a safer place to ask questions (there's no such thing as a stupid question...!) with only certain oldies (mentors!) being allowed in and lots of other trainees! Recommend Richard's last link myself ;)

Reply to Good brand of steel cap boots and good tools to start off as an apprentice with. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net