Discuss good DTV picture but bad SKY picture from same HD sky Decoder in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
another sky/tv related question , i wish i knew more about this subject!! )

the house i am working in has a strong dtv aerial feed and sky plus supply into the back of a HD sky decoder in the living room. the living room tv is fed via hd cable from that point.

the rf out of the SKY HD box then goes into a splitter and distributes to 4 other points in the house .
(the splitter states its capablr of distributing all signals)

my issue is that any DTV picture is crystal clear but the actual SKY transimssion (via the same cable) is grained at the remote points .
any ideas?
best regards
mike

Hi mike,

it it could be that the aerial signals are too strong going into the sky box, so you would need to reduce the signals using a signal reducer. If this is not the problem try changing the splitter to a global booster instead of splitting the signal OR could be simple things like bad connections, changing the rf output frequency these might be a good place to start. Hope this helps good luck

Reply to good DTV picture but bad SKY picture from same HD sky Decoder in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Hi all, Looking for some advice on first fix for sky and freesat TV, I've quoted a WF100 shotgun and a single to both bedrooms and lounge...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Hi all, I'm after some ideas, i just put in a new 13A socket and HDMI point above a mantlepiece, and put all the stuff that was in the existing tv...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
I'm just finishing a part rewire on a friends house that's been extended. He extended the kitchen into a new lean to style conservatory. In the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
"Hello All", As I am definitely NOT any kind of expert in Sky TV / IR Remote Control signal distribution products this may not be the `new...
Replies
Views
  • Question
"Hello All", I have a problem with bad interference on the reception of my Home`s TV`s that are connected to Sky Digiboxes in other rooms via...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock