Discuss good money for wiring solar panels?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chopper

Is there good money in wiring solar panels. When working for companys. Been thinking of looking for a company whos setting on. Not installed any apart from that bit in am2 .
Cant be two hard wiring from panel to dc isolater through inverter to ac isolater. Then down outside in armoured into a seperate CU . Then into henly block with tales. ( seen alot like this ) or is it?

Seems good rates that. Got talking to a lad today he gets £100 a install does at least 2 a day. 3 at times. On subcontract. Labour only in the company van.
U got a lot on? Wouldnt mind getting into it

Wow, 3 a day, not too sure I would like to see that...

As with any trade, people work to different standards, I have seen CU that are quite frankly works of art, that are so neat and tend not to have any problems, I have also seen many that look like spaghetti that someone has thrown at it from the other side of the room, yet they still work, that said, many do have problems...

Think he goes with isolaters prepped on a board and terminated into inverter so really its a case of running armored on outside terminating into each end installing a small CU. And test. Not a great deal to do is they? Easy get 2 if not too far apart and 3 in long days ? I also come across many bad installed CU. Me myself I like them to look as neat as possible

I do see where you are coming from here, it is just that most PV installs are different, but I guess if the house has an integral garage and the supply/CU is in there and you want the inverter in the loft, and someone else installs the panels/DC wiring and leaves the DC in the loft, then it could be possible.

Just one point though, there are now probably hundreds of PV experienced Electricians across the country who have given up with PV, but may take on the work if there was much around, I am not saying do not try, but do not rely on the PV industry to pay a mortgage...

Cheers . He works for a large company I guess. They fit panels clip the dc together and leave near loft hatch I think. He goes with already prepped dc isolater inverter and ac isolater on a board whats going in loft.. then just fits mini CU.

Reply to good money for wiring solar panels?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net