Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

a-z electrics
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Installed an ev Project charge point this morning for a client who's just got an Ionic 5 as a business car. What a motor! Seriously thinking of getting one, £37k but what the heck.. I had test drive in one on at the weekend, REALLY nice :)
I am thinking of retiring end of the year but I'm wondering if I carry on as a sole trader and get the car on the business if that could be a tax/financial advantage? I would buy it cash and trade in my electric nissan van.. any comments?

M

Mikegh

Esteemed
Reaction score
Wired a couple of cat5s from a router for a friend

He's got some fancy Christmas lights the dog has chewed through in a couple of spots,I said I'd see what I could do later in the week

It's like 3 strands of insulated copper with LEDs on it. The 30v DC power supply is still working and the dog is alive

marconi

marconi

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Wired a couple of cat5s from a router for a friend

He's got some fancy Christmas lights the dog has chewed through in a couple of spots,I said I'd see what I could do later in the week

It's like 3 strands of insulated copper with LEDs on it. The 30v DC power supply is still working and the dog is alive
For information last year I put 4 strings of battery (4.5V) operated LED lights on a Christmas tree on our drive and the foxes had a field day - none worked after a week. How sad am I that I recovered all the segments and soldered/ heat shrinked them together again? This year I am looking for something to spray on the wires and tree to repel the foxes. My friend, who had a red-letter day working as a zoo-keeper's assistant at London Zoo, told me tiger poo is effective.........I wonder if it also works on mother-in-law's?

a-z electrics
Reaction score
For information last year I put 4 strings of battery (4.5V) operated LED lights on a Christmas tree on our drive and the foxes had a field day - none worked after a week. How sad am I that I recovered all the segments and soldered/ heat shrinked them together again? This year I am looking for something to spray on the wires and tree to repel the foxes. My friend, who had a red-letter day working as a zoo-keeper's assistant at London Zoo, told me tiger poo is effective.........I wonder if it also works on mother-in-law's?
yes it does..

M

Mikegh

Esteemed
Reaction score
I was trying to figure out how the 3-wire system worked and what to check

30v DC power supply and then the LEDs seem to be paralleled across 2 strands and then there's a 3rd strand, I probably should know from my time spent in the electronics industry

pirate

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Up very early this morning, fitted 2 more new wall lights, a walk on the beach as the sun came up, and going to the local ironmongers for some replacement bolts to fit some door handle, then to the port, Mahon, for lunch by the harbour...what with Covid and fuel shortages etc it's a good time to be retired. A pal sent me some photos taken at his local garden center yesterday, in Glasgow, and it's stuffed full of christmas items...I'd like to stay here to avoid all the fuss, but needless to say I have almost used up my 90 day Schengen allowance, so thanks Boris...

littlespark

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Day 4 of my Welsh sabbatical and I was rudely awoken at 8am by a flipping’ electrician going round the site checking the bollard lights.

So if there’s a member on here, working on Anglesey, with the initials L and W on their company name ……

I will find you…… 😔

Last edited:
marconi

marconi

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I reckon it is the Scotland 2006 hide and seek competition winner.

Or the first 'beneficiary' of the Government's nationwide 'levelling up' agenda.

littlespark

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Came back from wales on saturday.... ETA around 4pm, got in at 6 due to delay queueing at an accident.

Before that, i had carefully planned where to stop on the M6 for caravan-friendly services, and both had single cars blocking the caravan spaces. Ever so slightly miffed about that, and i hope the services themselves police their "£100 fine for not parking in the correct area"
I'm too polite to type what i said about them on saturday.

Reached Carlisle, satnav wants to send us A7... Langholm, Hawick etc... Not on your nelly!
Took the A69 cross to newcastle. Not a bad road, until we come across the line of traffic and the distant glow of flashing blue lights.

How anyone can turn this thing upside down is beyond me....

A69 ii.jpg

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical News from Electricians Forums and Friends

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.