Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
Morning all,
Less than a week to go for the big day. I'm still not finished presents wise. Ahhhh!

Morning,

Got an EICR on today, then that’s me finished for Christmas. ??❄???
Well done mate. You'll be done before the van engine has cooled down.

Now now, @Dan you should know by now reading the threads about EICRs that it takes most of a day.
That is, if he even gets out his van in the first place. Maybe just for a tea refill.

Looks like I could be done even faster. It’s a vacant property and the electricity board have pulled the fuse and sealed it back up, so no power. I’m glad the estate agents let me know. ?

Looks like I could be done even faster. It’s a vacant property and the electricity board have pulled the fuse and sealed it back up, so no power. I’m glad the estate agents let me know. ?
Get in.

I've got a few emails to sort.

I need tile my bloody bathroom at some point but keep putting it off. Tiles are gathering dust on the landing now! Lol

gotto look at a suspected oven element bown later. meanwhile refitting tailgate trim and panel following fitting reverse camera t'other day. been too cold so far.

Staying in today to await deliveries that should have arrived days ago...
A good time to sort out tool bags, if I can be bothered...

Good morning all, today, I mostly be fighting hoards of irate Mums, Dads and Kids fighting their way to get out of the Super Market I'm being dragged though by Her in doors.

Pete 999, you will end up with 2 full trolleys at the checkout, piled high with stuff you don't really need, including tons of extra food:
1. Because people might drop in over the festive period
2. The shops will be closed for max 2 days next week
3. There's half-price offers on a leg of lamb, a ham, a joint of beef, a side of smoked salmon...all of which you will find when you get home, have a use-by date of this coming Sunday!
Good luck!

Morning all,

Today I’ll be traveling back up to the midlands and engaging in festivities with family for the weekend. ????

I did the mad rush thing this morning looking for presents for my wife.
I swear I’d already bought her a card...

Anyway. Car park, popping my shopping in the passenger door of the van, when I somehow managed to close the door on my fingertip. Squished the nail sideways on.... got a blood stain under the nail and it’s hurting like a ******

I’m certain the other fingers are going colder.

?:ambulance::mad:

I’ve got some feeling back.
Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) 34A15114-323F-4D42-B8A4-116302833BCA - EletriciansForums.net

Doesn’t look too bad now.

In other news. Ladbaby is xmas no 1 again with another sausage and pastry based song.

Good morning, @everyone.
it’s pretty windy here, so my hanging decorations outside will be taking a beating.
already have one 22m string of lights with a couple of broken sections. Just have to cut it down a bit for next year.

Took no.2 to a special ice skating disco last night. 10 of her pals were there, so she was a happy bunny.

whoever at the rink thought that was a good plan really needs to read a H&S book.
The rink is essentially a large shed with 3 rows of 7 low bay mercury type fittings.... some have been altered to LED lamps.
Perfect when all 21 are on, but even at the regular skate sessions they turn off the outer rows... still not had a reason other than, “it saves money”

Someone, or the whole committee, at one of their planning meetings decided.....”you know what, for Xmas, why don’t we have a night time disco on the ice?.... we’ll turn off ALL the lights and replace with flashing coloured lights so no one can see what they’re doing at all!”

risk assessment:
Some inexperienced users..... check
Low ambient temperatures...... check
Sharp blades on feet...... check
Very solid floor surface..... check
Sufficient illumination?..... nah, it’ll be alright!
Fog machine and strobe?.... mmm maybe not.

I’ve mentioned before the normal track list at a skating session, but disco stu on the decks last night was something else.
Starts off with some “current” and “modern” stuff from around 1994..... techno and dance music at that..... took me back to my yoof.
Drops in the occasional heavy bass dance remix of Louis capaldi, Ed Sheeran or “old town road”

an hour or so in, stu must be lagging. He brings in the staple holiday park, guaranteed to get people going, tracks.... “5678”, “cotton eye joe” and “the Casper slide” .... which is not a good idea.... on ice.... in the near dark with everybody trying to “jump to the left... slide to the right”....
“Tubthumping” comes on.... which I feel is almost inevitable on an ice rink...”I get knocked down, but I get up again”... or in some cases... try to get up again, slip down again..grab nearest person, pull them over... etc

Its on again today as a regular session, but I think once a week is enough for me.

Early morning cuppa ,turned into an arc fault detection lesson.
--JWs words still rattling in my head--
Re boiling Murphy Rich (20-ohms cold) kettle ...
Loud hand clap bang as ,shuts off -
(It has been "steaming on a little recently") ...
Time for a new kettle soon !
Triggered 32A MCB , 13A fuse in tact .
Assuming magnetic part tripped -series becomes parallel Arc ?

Wheel painting with No.1 son,PTFE pads routered for giant oak table legs...repairs to 1940's Webley,re-organise log pile,nephew's headlamp bulb (there,i said it...) and various visits from pals on wheely machines...

A normal start to a year? all the best to you all ???

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock