Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
Mornin, it's nearly afternoon but Mornin anyway Dan hope all is well.

Looks like it's going to be a nice day today. Forecast is sunny until around 3PM. I really should work overseas more often. They speak the same language here and drive on the same side of the road. This Isle of Wight isn't too bad.

first day back at call-centre hell after veing on furlough since March, working from home so small mercies, although having 3 screaming under 4s just the other side of a door should be fun.

Couldn't respond first thing as i was off for a round of golf in the sunshine. Gloomy now, so I'm glad i got it in early doors.
Re-installing a mini-dish on my neighbours apartment later. We get t'internet from these but she has had work done on her terrace which means the dish has to be re-sited. Basically some cat5 to be clipped and the dish bolted in at its new location for line-of-sight from the transmitter. Not challenging stuff, but very pleasant working conditions involving some beer.

Having an abolsute ---- morning, been self-isolating for 2 weeks due to wife showing COVID symptoms, been learning remotely in that time with no issues what-so-ever. Last night me and wife had a massive row; she doesn't want me going into college to continue my studies but don't want to feel like she's making me give up the course.

Had a call from college yesturday effectively saying that i need to start going back in (was meant to start back today but kids didn't settle until 8am this morning and I couldn't leave the wife to manage all 3 little darlings on no sleep, we struggle enough as it is.

Phoned college this morning to advise i couldn't get in due to childcare issues and now i have a meeting with the head of contruction school tomorrow to discuss my future on the course.

College aren't willing to budge a single inch on remote working until they are forced to by government, I'm already classed as a vulnerable person with immuno issues, I'm not falling behind with work, I'm not missing any practicals (as we're not starting them until after Decemeber), I got the books that accompany the course, I got the guidance notes, BS7671 and On-Site Guide, I literally have everything i need to learn from home but they refuse to entertain the idea, doesnt matter than I;m vulnerable, doesn't matter that i've gota young family back here, doesnt matter that I'm not falling behind with work, they just want arses on seats.

I'm really stuck on how to fight this with them as its a constant brick wall, plus I'm gettting daily berating from the missus as she is scared shitless (she has General Anxiety Disorder anyway) and doesnt think it's enough that I'm following governement advice, always wearing gloves if im out, washing my hands whenever i come in and all that good stuff.

To put not too fine a point on it; I can't stop my studies, if i do then i have zero guarentee that the drive i have no will still be there in 12 months time, I NEED this to get me a break from the kids as time and time again i find myself not coping and wanting to hurt them (adjustment disorder and OCD brought on by 1st born). My biggest fears are 1) that all this work will go to waste and 2) that i wouldn't be able to cope around the kids 24/7, for thier own safety more than anything.

#rantover

Having an abolsute ---- morning, been self-isolating for 2 weeks due to wife showing COVID symptoms, been learning remotely in that time with no issues what-so-ever. Last night me and wife had a massive row; she doesn't want me going into college to continue my studies but don't want to feel like she's making me give up the course.

Had a call from college yesturday effectively saying that i need to start going back in (was meant to start back today but kids didn't settle until 8am this morning and I couldn't leave the wife to manage all 3 little darlings on no sleep, we struggle enough as it is.

Phoned college this morning to advise i couldn't get in due to childcare issues and now i have a meeting with the head of contruction school tomorrow to discuss my future on the course.

College aren't willing to budge a single inch on remote working until they are forced to by government, I'm already classed as a vulnerable person with immuno issues, I'm not falling behind with work, I'm not missing any practicals (as we're not starting them until after Decemeber), I got the books that accompany the course, I got the guidance notes, BS7671 and On-Site Guide, I literally have everything i need to learn from home but they refuse to entertain the idea, doesnt matter than I;m vulnerable, doesn't matter that i've gota young family back here, doesnt matter that I'm not falling behind with work, they just want arses on seats.

I'm really stuck on how to fight this with them as its a constant brick wall, plus I'm gettting daily berating from the missus as she is scared shitless (she has General Anxiety Disorder anyway) and doesnt think it's enough that I'm following governement advice, always wearing gloves if im out, washing my hands whenever i come in and all that good stuff.

To put not too fine a point on it; I can't stop my studies, if i do then i have zero guarentee that the drive i have no will still be there in 12 months time, I NEED this to get me a break from the kids as time and time again i find myself not coping and wanting to hurt them (adjustment disorder and OCD brought on by 1st born). My biggest fears are 1) that all this work will go to waste and 2) that i wouldn't be able to cope around the kids 24/7, for thier own safety more than anything.

#rantover

I have no idea what to say, apart from my experience of life is that things nearly always get better with time.

And remember, the kids will be grown up and leaving home at some point! My eldest moved out earlier this year. The screaming and tantrums don't last for long in the big scheme of things.

Wishing you all the best.

Last edited:
As above. It is a difficult situation.
Have you told the College that your wife has covid symptoms, it seems a hard line attitude they are taking . Is he head of the department? If he is l would take it to the College Admin , surely they cannot condone that attitude.
All the best to you and your family.

As above. It is a difficult situation.
Have you told the College that your wife has covid symptoms, it seems a hard line attitude they are taking . Is he head of the department? If he is l would take it to the College Admin , surely they cannot condone that attitude.
All the best to you and your family.
She had signs on the 2nd, I followed college guidance and isolated for 2 weeks, couldn't book a test so they (college) triaged me and were happy I was safe to return. Unfortunately yes he is, head of construction (all the construction disciplines).

What they're getting at isif the did remote learning for one, others might want it and apparently they makes me work for you. Hell my lecturer has said he tried the remove teaching thing and couldn't get to grips with it as there was no 'class feedback', can't teach to an empty room on other words

The college need to be more understanding in my opinion. Exceptional circumstances.

The college need to be more understanding in my opinion. Exceptional circumstances.
That's what I'm trying to argue, I reckon they're more concerned about getting thier payments (from SLC, and I'll bet there will be something in there that says they only get paid if student attends)

Yes you are probably correct , but nevertheless if you do not attend they will not get paid anyway , so where is the logic in that. Surely it will be better to have a returning student when your crisis is over.

Well I had my assessment today with NAPIT after the demise of Stroma, have to say it was a strange one due to social distancing and my jobs were all factory based this time. So glad I didn’t have to do it via video call.

#rantover
many are having more arguments at home right now.
it is a scary situation with confusing advice and regulations.

It is difficult to do, however what you need to do is find some time when things are calm and have a conversation about it. shouting is unhelpfull,
we all have our problems, some work, some home, some family, some children, some money, some drugs, some are just too balmy to make sense of the world.

if you can't manage to talk it over in a calm manor, try each writing a plan as to how you want the next 6 months to go.
compare the 2 plans together after you have read each others and see if there is some compromise that can be made.

I feel for you, life is tough at the moment. if you have a roof over head and food on the table, you are doing better than some.

Keep working at it, giving up is an option not to be taken lightly.

I know it's not morning but my day has been crap. One word - toothache :-( Can't get a dentist appointment until Monday. So looks like a weekend of pain and paracetamol.

Try flossing gently around the tooth and maybe spraying around it with some compressed air. It might reduce the pain until you can get an appointment. ps don't use an air compressor....

Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) index - EletriciansForums.net

I was thinking of getting blind steaming drunk but then I remembered I don't drink.

Got to see the dentist this morning after a weekend of agony. I'm now minus one tooth but on the plus side I'm not in any pain any more. I call that a very good result. Hurt like hell when the numbness wore off but a couple of hours of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol did the trick.

BTW, I didn't notice until today that one of my favourite drinks, Vimto, rearranged spells Vomit

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock