Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
Morning everyone! Another day of attempting to home school today.
I’m glad I’m out on site today.

Eldest is still home from uni, but lectures have started. She is in the living room, trying to speak to her lecturer in Manderin.

The middle one is in the kitchen.... French and maths. Not her best subjects.

The littlest one is in the dining room on a music lesson blowing a tune on a trumbone!

My wife is either sitting upstairs watching telly, or escaped to Tesco

what about 1?

Moaning all, took me 30minutes to get out of bed this morning the back is really bad, had my MRI scan 2 weeks ago, hope they can do something for me on pain killers every day, hope im not written off at the age of 56, my mother is 93 and walking better than me, please look after your backs.!

Moaning all, took me 30minutes to get out of bed this morning the back is really bad, had my MRI scan 2 weeks ago, hope they can do something for me on pain killers every day, hope im not written off at the age of 56, my mother is 93 and walking better than me, please look after your backs.!
similar here. i find that ibuprofen gel helps a lot. just rub it in, about 1 teaspoonful.

We ditched the van yesterday for a boat ride to work. There was a cold wind. Then a 1.5 mile stroll with all our kit to test this beauty out
Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) IMG_3588 - EletriciansForums.net
Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) IMG_3585 - EletriciansForums.net
Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) IMG_3615 - EletriciansForums.net

Woke up this morning to hear that the reception and bar building at the caravan park I used to work at has gone up in flames.
I worked there for 10 years as manager, and the site had been in my father in laws family since 1964.
He sold the site 4 years ago

This particular building was built in the 90’s from portacabin sections, with a later metal framed roof built over the top.

I’ve been trying to link to a video someone put up on Facebook, but I managed to use a screenshot.

Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) 160D2C1C-6F15-4036-8FA6-7423B52E8A7E - EletriciansForums.net

I'd like to go to work by boat!
Not on horrible days with high winds, but when I used to roam the waves times were good...
Today I have a trip to the Post Office to send some stuff to my Sis in Ardnamurchan. I got up early to beat the rush, but realised the booze aisles in tesco would be closed, so have delayed that outing.
This afternoon I am wiring some cat6 from my study to the living room and my bedroom. The former is easy as I have cables through the wall already, but for the latter I will have to lift the hall carpet and floorboards which as you all know is just pure fun...
The cabling is to facilitate "splitting" the signal from my Tivo box to serve 2 extra TVs as I have cut my Virgin Media bundle from 2 Tivos to 1 (long story). I may just cable the other bedroom while I'm at it and I may also run a 10mm under the floor too, in case I ever want an electric shower...I have about 15m of cable lying in the garage gathering dust.
Clearly, I am bored...

I had been given an old Philips 60Mhz dual trace 'scope last week. It had been standing around for a few years so I decided to power it up and see if it worked. I've just plugged it and and up came the screen. Apart from two of the controls being a bit 'scratcy' all seemed ok until that ppfffzzzzzz sound and the smell of electrolitic capacitors letting out smoke. I've had the cover off and things don't look too bad. I've just downloaded the service manual so it loks like after a bit of trawling through it I'll be on the Farnell web site ordering a selection of caps.

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock