Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
I had been given an old Philips 60Mhz dual trace 'scope last week. It had been standing around for a few years so I decided to power it up and see if it worked. I've just plugged it and and up came the screen. Apart from two of the controls being a bit 'scratcy' all seemed ok until that ppfffzzzzzz sound and the smell of electrolitic capacitors letting out smoke. I've had the cover off and things don't look too bad. I've just downloaded the service manual so it loks like after a bit of trawling through it I'll be on the Farnell web site ordering a selection of caps.

Sounds good. I've got a nice Telequipment 75MHz dual beam scope which I've had since I was about 15 I think. Could replace it with a modern one, but you cant beat a proper analogue scope with a nice bright green trace!

what about 1?
Good morning everyone, I have 1 job today hanging and wiring LED security lights on a home at all 4 corners. The bad part is it’s 19 degrees outside with the wind blowing about 8 miles per hour and I get to use my extension ladder to climb up around 20 feet to be able to mount the boxes and lights. I then have to go in the attic to pull a new circuit to the 4 lights from the panel using a 15 amp single pole breaker. Yippee

The original poster has taken the video down now, i think because some comments suggested it was an insurance job and it turned into a slagging match.
I remember when you posted about the sale of the park and the problems your FIL was having with the new owners (chancers) claiming all sorts of things, so the above may not be so far removed from the truth.

I remember when you posted about the sale of the park and the problems your FIL was having with the new owners (chancers) claiming all sorts of things, so the above may not be so far removed from the truth.
Well they had been treating the caravan owners badly... telling them to upgrade when there’s nothing wrong with units etc. Industry normal practice, but not something we did.

I think we can rule out any electrical fault, but the 200 solar panels on the roof will be useless now

Found another source of photographs.

Gas cylinders are pretty close!

Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) 8193625D-7FFF-4F2A-A53E-9F86D48B6E77 - EletriciansForums.net
Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) 2B57867B-CAD6-4546-9B02-0C7AD9BD7CC4 - EletriciansForums.net
Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) B26722F5-3AD1-47A3-99B6-497CB469CEDC - EletriciansForums.net
Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) B3A2463E-3C28-4660-9373-E74F1C218F63 - EletriciansForums.net
Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) 5871B9BD-A690-40F9-8856-08A171137301 - EletriciansForums.net
Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) 916C6113-7619-42EA-88AB-19DCD81825C9 - EletriciansForums.net
Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) 72A7DB4D-5053-4092-8258-5B890EABF6BC - EletriciansForums.net

I'd like to go to work by boat!
I used to use the Thames passenger ferry between Greenwich and the City whilst it was in operation, did not last long though, no idea if the Woolwich ferry still operates, been out of London for a few years now.

@littlespark gas cylinders going up would have been interesting, but dangerous for the fire fighters and quite a big bang I would have thought.

Another photo. Shows the extent. You can see right through to the caravans behind. There is NOTHING left of the building underneath.
This is from someone else fb, where there are more comments of insurance scam, and a member of the public being accosted by the manager for taking photographs

Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) 1117325F-E5B1-4061-9A88-24E2676262CC - EletriciansForums.net
Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) 1F8553BC-6ED6-496C-AF65-F0DFA6EE5716 - EletriciansForums.net

I used to use the Thames passenger ferry between Greenwich and the City whilst it was in operation, did not last long though, no idea if the Woolwich ferry still operates, been out of London for a few years

Woolwich ferry seems to be plagued with "technical issues" causing it to be inoperational more since it has been upgraded thab before. So unreliable that I use Dartford crossing all the time now.

That's a shame the Woolwich ferry used to be fun and a pleasant way to relax for a few minutes on the way home, even though it was a pain to get too on the North side.

Good morning everyone, I have 1 job today hanging and wiring LED security lights on a home at all 4 corners. The bad part is it’s 19 degrees outside with the wind blowing about 8 miles per hour and I get to use my extension ladder to climb up around 20 feet to be able to mount the boxes and lights. I then have to go in the attic to pull a new circuit to the 4 lights from the panel using a 15 amp single pole breaker. Yippee
so what are you going to do after lunch?

Another photo. Shows the extent. You can see right through to the caravans behind. There is NOTHING left of the building underneath.
This is from someone else fb, where there are more comments of insurance scam, and a member of the public being accosted by the manager for taking photographs

View attachment 64267View attachment 64268
Is that Crosslaw Caravan Park?

Near St Abbs?

Never stayed, but a diving buddy of mine had a static there years ago, we used to dive St Abbs and get a coffee at his van on the way home, he and his wife and son used it pretty much every weekend

Is that Crosslaw Caravan Park?

Near St Abbs?

Never stayed, but a diving buddy of mine had a static there years ago, we used to dive St Abbs and get a coffee at his van on the way home, he and his wife and son used it pretty much every weekend
Yes it is @Julie.

I spent my days in the office, working reception and tending bar. I did a lot of work in there when we had it.... setting up computer network, CCTV, etc....
Were your friends still there, and can you remember their van number?
I hope it’s not one close to the fire.

Yes it is @Julie.

I spent my days in the office, working reception and tending bar. I did a lot of work in there when we had it.... setting up computer network, CCTV, etc....
Were your friends still there, and can you remember their van number?
I hope it’s not one close to the fire.
Can't even remember Gary's surname, it was several years ago when I was in a particular club, must be back in 2005 or so, not sure whether he dives anymore. At the time he and I were the only two qualified instructors, as with many clubs we ended up doing more than our fair share for the club, whilst others did little, both of us got so sick of it we left that club, I think he went to Dunfermline club, I went to another.

It wasn't near the main building, I remember that, never knew the plot number, just followed others on the day tbh.

Looked a nice place though, most people seemed friendly.

Can't even remember Gary's surname, it was several years ago when I was in a particular club, must be back in 2005 or so, not sure whether he dives anymore. At the time he and I were the only two qualified instructors, as with many clubs we ended up doing more than our fair share for the club, whilst others did little, both of us got so sick of it we left that club, I think he went to Dunfermline club, I went to another.

It wasn't near the main building, I remember that, never knew the plot number, just followed others on the day tbh.

Looked a nice place though, most people seemed friendly.
I started there in 2007, but it was still family owned before that.
We used to get a lot of diving groups on the camping site, as other sites stopped taking tents.
There was a thought that if there was any trouble, it was tenters.... but we found the touring caravan people just as bad. Especially the seasonal ones that were there all year- thought they had the right to ignore speed limit signs and used the shower block to wash their mucky dogs...

Thinking back, the way the place was wired, and later expanded and reconfigured, the entire bottom half of the park is supplied through that building.... there will be near 100 units now with no power.

I started there in 2007, but it was still family owned before that.
We used to get a lot of diving groups on the camping site, as other sites stopped taking tents.
There was a thought that if there was any trouble, it was tenters.... but we found the touring caravan people just as bad. Especially the seasonal ones that were there all year- thought they had the right to ignore speed limit signs and used the shower block to wash their mucky dogs...

Thinking back, the way the place was wired, and later expanded and reconfigured, the entire bottom half of the park is supplied through that building.... there will be near 100 units now with no power.
When I lived in England and went up to St Abbs for a diving weekend, we always used scoutscroft just as you get to Coldingham from St Abbs, it was the closest and had an air compressor.

After moving up to Scotland, I never needed to stay locally, but still used scoutscroft for the compressor. I can't remember when, but it went through a long phase of being in and out of service, so someone opened up a compressor hut in a small container on St Abbs front, that's gone now, but became the dive shop/centre.

The dive shop killed the Post office a bit as well, prior to it opening all the spares, and scuba bits were obtained from the post office!

Met loads of clubs though that would come up and stay in various camp sites, scoutscroft fell out of favour with many, originally they had a complete monopoly, I guess it was a change with the site manager/owners as it occurred with so many diverse clubs from around the UK, can't believe it was down to every club themselves, always that site.

I assume many of the statics are year round use, so that won't be a good situation - Scottish winter on the east coast with no electricity

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock