Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
I'v got some grass to cut, only about three acres, it's kept the Deer happy for the last year.

Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) My Photo Stream - 1 of 1 - EletriciansForums.net

Car in for its MOT, should pass but we'll see, currently sat in a cafe waiting for them to say it's ready ? bored out my mind
Did it pass?

MOT'ing vehicles is something I don't miss. Where I am there's no annual testing of cars, motorbikes or vans/trucks. The only time you need to send them in for our equivalent of an MOT is when a vehicle is bought or sold and the ownership name changes. Even then it's only a very basic mechanical test, no emmissions tests, no ECU fault code reading, no catylitic converter check and it won't fail it for warning codes or lights such as airbag or ABS etc.

Did it pass?

MOT'ing vehicles is something I don't miss. Where I am there's no annual testing of cars, motorbikes or vans/trucks. The only time you need to send them in for our equivalent of an MOT is when a vehicle is bought or sold and the ownership name changes. Even then it's only a very basic mechanical test, no emmissions tests, no ECU fault code reading, no catylitic converter check and it won't fail it for warning codes or lights such as airbag or ABS etc.

My car's just passed today, no advisories. One of my bikes is due to become exempt in a year or two, but I'll still get it tested each year. Not worth risking my safety for the sake of £30 a year.

My car's just passed today, no advisories. One of my bikes is due to become exempt in a year or two, but I'll still get it tested each year. Not worth risking my safety for the sake of £30 a year.
I thought it was any motor vehicle registered on or before 1973 only exempt from mot.

I just tried to register my 250RS as a 'Historic Vehicle' - six weeks after doing the application at the Post Office I get a letter saying it missed the 40 year old mark by a week would you believe and it MAY be exempt next year.....?

My 1974 baby is exempt, but off the road undergoing a full body rebuild at the moment, engine and running gear already waiting to be fitted back, torsion bars had to be replaced though.

My 1974 baby is exempt, but off the road undergoing a full body rebuild at the moment, engine and running gear already waiting to be fitted back, torsion bars had to be replaced though.

What car is it Mike?

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock