Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
good thing about the Trabant is if you were stuck in a traffic jam, you could improve your German by reading the bodywork.

Did it pass?

MOT'ing vehicles is something I don't miss. Where I am there's no annual testing of cars, motorbikes or vans/trucks. The only time you need to send them in for our equivalent of an MOT is when a vehicle is bought or sold and the ownership name changes. Even then it's only a very basic mechanical test, no emmissions tests, no ECU fault code reading, no catylitic converter check and it won't fail it for warning codes or lights such as airbag or ABS etc.
Yea it passed, advisories on that brake pads but other than that all good.

my van just passed MOT. 1 advise was some corrosion on rear chassis suspension mounts "but not excessive".looks like the wire brush and Hammerite coming out weekend.

I spent this morning at the local surgery, yesterday, the customers family pet got all friendly with me and had a go at my hand..

Not a dog or a cat… this was a flipping snake and a big one too!

Punctured the skin… needed a second treatment this morning.

Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) 574F96A2-9C68-40E4-90C8-462EAEC73D19 - EletriciansForums.net

What an absolute load of b*llsh!t

I leaned on a carpet gripper.

??

I spent this morning at the local surgery, yesterday, the customers family pet got all friendly with me and had a go at my hand..

View attachment 90365

??
I used to have a 7ft Boa, thought the bite looked a bit feeble!!
If your going to tell pub takes about your fights, make sure you forget to add the pictures!!!!

I once spent a terrifying hour finding a fault with a bloody great Python in a tank right below the CU, horrible thing. I really hate snakes.

View attachment 90365

??
Think I'd rather be bitten by a ?.

Up to my eye balls in meetings and budgets today. Going "The Dog Fest" at Tatton Park with the missus tomorrow, to earn some brownie points for when I spend the whole day on Sunday with my mates out on our enduro bikes, then curry and beer for tea.

Nowt on today, college induction.

Yesterday was doing car park lighting at an airport, followed by wrestling with a fire alarm at half 3 and making absolute basic rookie mistakes due to fatigue.

Note to self, ceiling boxes are exactly the same as socket boxes - they go in first and then all the wiring comes in after.

Duh!

Packing for trip to Spain tomorrow, the land of "interesting" electrics.
So much paperwork these days: Passport, double jab immunisation certificate, personal locator form, boarding pass, small briefcase to carry the above...and when returning, all of the above plus negative antigen test result pre-flight (currently still required to enter Scotland, but hope Nicola will drop this before i return) and book day 2 Covid test,,,
Hardly worth the hassle for 4 weeks in the sun!

Morning All

Well I’m searching for the needle in a haystack today!!

I was called out on emergency call out late last week on a RCD tripping on ring main had to split the ring to a radial and leave the faulty side off until this morning.

All good fun ?

Lee

October holidays start earlier in Scotland, so I got “Trailer Swift” hooked on, and we’re now down in a caravan site in Anglesey.

We might walk up a mountain or two, but in the meantime, I’m in the bad books for forgetting to bring the remote control for the telly.

Last edited:
Yet another disciplinary, my third one in the past month. The first 2 resulted in me dismissing the persons (not a nice job) this one so far is looking likely to be a final written warning.

I honestly think COVID has more of an impact on people's behaviour than we often realise, even just subtle changes that then can escalate.

Yet another disciplinary, my third one in the past month. The first 2 resulted in me dismissing the persons (not a nice job) this one so far is looking likely to be a final written warning.

I honestly think COVID has more of an impact on people's behaviour than we often realise, even just subtle changes that then can escalate.
Oh… I read this and thought YOU were receiving the disciplinary! ?

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock