Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
Installed an ev Project charge point this morning for a client who's just got an Ionic 5 as a business car. What a motor! Seriously thinking of getting one, £37k but what the heck.. I had test drive in one on at the weekend, REALLY nice :)
I am thinking of retiring end of the year but I'm wondering if I carry on as a sole trader and get the car on the business if that could be a tax/financial advantage? I would buy it cash and trade in my electric nissan van.. any comments?

Wired a couple of cat5s from a router for a friend

He's got some fancy Christmas lights the dog has chewed through in a couple of spots,I said I'd see what I could do later in the week

It's like 3 strands of insulated copper with LEDs on it. The 30v DC power supply is still working and the dog is alive

Wired a couple of cat5s from a router for a friend

He's got some fancy Christmas lights the dog has chewed through in a couple of spots,I said I'd see what I could do later in the week

It's like 3 strands of insulated copper with LEDs on it. The 30v DC power supply is still working and the dog is alive
For information last year I put 4 strings of battery (4.5V) operated LED lights on a Christmas tree on our drive and the foxes had a field day - none worked after a week. How sad am I that I recovered all the segments and soldered/ heat shrinked them together again? This year I am looking for something to spray on the wires and tree to repel the foxes. My friend, who had a red-letter day working as a zoo-keeper's assistant at London Zoo, told me tiger poo is effective.........I wonder if it also works on mother-in-law's?

For information last year I put 4 strings of battery (4.5V) operated LED lights on a Christmas tree on our drive and the foxes had a field day - none worked after a week. How sad am I that I recovered all the segments and soldered/ heat shrinked them together again? This year I am looking for something to spray on the wires and tree to repel the foxes. My friend, who had a red-letter day working as a zoo-keeper's assistant at London Zoo, told me tiger poo is effective.........I wonder if it also works on mother-in-law's?
yes it does..

I was trying to figure out how the 3-wire system worked and what to check

30v DC power supply and then the LEDs seem to be paralleled across 2 strands and then there's a 3rd strand, I probably should know from my time spent in the electronics industry

Up very early this morning, fitted 2 more new wall lights, a walk on the beach as the sun came up, and going to the local ironmongers for some replacement bolts to fit some door handle, then to the port, Mahon, for lunch by the harbour...what with Covid and fuel shortages etc it's a good time to be retired. A pal sent me some photos taken at his local garden center yesterday, in Glasgow, and it's stuffed full of christmas items...I'd like to stay here to avoid all the fuss, but needless to say I have almost used up my 90 day Schengen allowance, so thanks Boris...

Day 4 of my Welsh sabbatical and I was rudely awoken at 8am by a flipping’ electrician going round the site checking the bollard lights.

So if there’s a member on here, working on Anglesey, with the initials L and W on their company name ……

I will find you…… ?

Last edited:
By request of the girls, we’ve just been to a nearby fossil museum…. And believe it or not, I think I found @telectrix having a nap…

Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) A0DD66D9-DC62-4507-BA46-A4255D1EE62D - EletriciansForums.net

Further round I found this impressive specimen…. Could be Jurassic, or older. Wasn’t any notes on this particular piece…..

Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) FC64B6E1-10C3-45C6-986B-8C4036B85988 - EletriciansForums.net

I reckon it is the Scotland 2006 hide and seek competition winner.

Or the first 'beneficiary' of the Government's nationwide 'levelling up' agenda.

Came back from wales on saturday.... ETA around 4pm, got in at 6 due to delay queueing at an accident.

Before that, i had carefully planned where to stop on the M6 for caravan-friendly services, and both had single cars blocking the caravan spaces. Ever so slightly miffed about that, and i hope the services themselves police their "£100 fine for not parking in the correct area"
I'm too polite to type what i said about them on saturday.

Reached Carlisle, satnav wants to send us A7... Langholm, Hawick etc... Not on your nelly!
Took the A69 cross to newcastle. Not a bad road, until we come across the line of traffic and the distant glow of flashing blue lights.

How anyone can turn this thing upside down is beyond me....

Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) A69 ii - EletriciansForums.net

Having used the lateral flow tests religiously twice a week for what feels like forever, I picked up a replacement box a few days ago.
New supplier, and the pharmacist says, Nasel only… you don’t have to stick it down your throat…
That’s bad enough. I can manage the throat without gagging (stop it!) but I cant do my nose without sneezing….

Anyway… considering there’s a mass climate thingy going on…. This new box has a clear plastic tray to hold everything… not easily recyclable in some places…
And polystyrene packing inbetween. Wholly un-recyclable.
On top of all the other plastic that’s included in these packs.

“Achoooo!”

At work we have the NHS LFT kits, for a weeks worth of testing.

It comes with a cardboard box to hold the test vial, which I don't need 'cos I have one from the first one I had circa 2020, a set of paper instructions, which I don't need cos I'm used to shoving the swab down my throat etc, multiple extraction buffer vials, which I don't need 'cos I've got several bottles of the stuff I can use and loads of tiny plastic bags.

Recycling is going through the roof. PCR's are more measured I find ?

Yeh… the new box also has that plastic block to hold the vial… the old boxes had a hole in the inner cardboard sleeve.

We’re keeping the little clear bags your supposed to put the waste in, but the new ones have got “COVID “ printed all over them.

Worst thing was climbing up the "safe" internal ladder, vertical ladders are not easy to climb, hence the external tied ladder, much easier, maybe not as safe, but less time on it.View attachment 91597
I actually disagree. The external ladder for me is safer than the internal.
those vertical internals are difficult and aukward to climb. I recon it’s more probable you will fall internally bashing yourself of the scaffolding as you go down than the external angled ladder.

We actually agree in essence, although the internal ladder due to its restricted area inside the tower prevents a fall all the way to the ground in one hit, falling off an external ladder will not stop until you hit the ground. ?

Last edited:
Worst thing was climbing up the "safe" internal ladder, vertical ladders are not easy to climb, hence the external tied ladder, much easier, maybe not as safe, but less time on it.View attachment 91597
Strangely enough I travelled 500 miles round trip yesterday to pick the same size and type of tower (boss youngman 8.3m wh) as that yesterday!

Today's job, take the hire van back!

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock