Discuss Good news------------------------------------ in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Ha ha ha

ALL the other party leaders talked about their gains over the 24 hours

However, none mentioned the demise of UKIP, so the voters have stayed pretty much the same

The status quo continues .....

I don't see the significance - since the UK Independence Party have already gained UK Independence I don't get why anybody would vote for them; despite what some people seem to think it's not as if a vote now could in some way 'reverse Brexit'.

In any case a political party is just a collection of like-minded people who have got together under a banner - even if UKIP disbanded (they haven't) their members aren't just going to "go away", they could either regroup under a different heading or try to steer a different party.

In any case a political party is just a collection of like-minded people who have got together under a banner -

Hum .............. have we got any of these, not Labour, not the Conservatives ................

Hum .............. have we got any of these, not Labour, not the Conservatives ................
Essentially every other party - you've got Labour on the left, the Conservatives on the right, the Lib Dems grabbing whatever votes they can get, then every other party seems to be what I've described, such as the Greens, Scottish Independence Party, TUSC, Christian Democratic Party, BNP or People Before Profit.

Never voted never will. Whoever you vote the government gets in. That my friends is the problem. I do not want or need to be governed I want civil servants who execute the tasks we need done on the minimum wage and zero hours contract thank you. As for what passes as government the fact anyone can even think of voting in a bunch of *%$ *()&&^^^ ()(*&()*%^$£ says more about the voters than anything else. God must have loved the common people he made so many of them.
Labour on the left, the Conservatives on the right
Do you even understand what you are saying there? On the right on the left, centre right middle up down wtf is that? A more vacuous description and misleading at that of what the actual agendas of these narcissists is I have yet to see.

^^ "the right" , "the left"

The remainers have painted ALL the brexit voters right wing bigots .................. which is a crass statement if there ever was one.

Without the brexit votes from the northern Labour heartlands, brexit wouldn't have got the majority of the votes.

You can't label Labour voters "right wing bigots"

The remainers have painted ALL the brexit voters right wing bigots .................. which is a crass statement if there ever was one.

Without the brexit votes from the northern Labour heartlands, brexit wouldn't have got the majority of the votes.

Very true Murdoch, people form all spectums of the political devide voted brexit.

You can't call all who voted for brexit right wing bigots, but all right wing bigots voted for brexit.

I didn't think Brexit was necessarily about party politics and I found it interesting how it was assumed that it was, and all the parties were scrabbling around trying to align themselves.
It seemed Jeremy Corbyn was pro-Brexit but his party wanted expected him to front the remain campaign, David Cameron and in fact a lot of the Tories were pro-EU, the Lib Dems saw an opportunity to cash in on the close result and promised another referendum.

This is where Teresa May's snap general election was a shambles - she wanted to increase her lead to give herself a stronger bargaining position over Brexit, while people were actually voting for anything from student loans to fox hunting.

but all right wing bigots voted for brexit.
Bigot = A person who is intolerant of other peoples opinions. Your statement then suggests that people who voted for Brexit are intolerant of others opinions. Apart from being an ad hominem attack on people voting according to their conscience are bigots??? Are you sure the description does not fit you better??? By the way again I did not vote on this issue. Maybe they are not intolerant of others opinions, maybe they thought our leaders have given away sovereignty they had no right to do. Maybe they thought that seceding power to a foreign entity was in fact an act of treason as framed at law for which the penalty is hanging by the neck until dead. You will be pleased to know however Tony Blair repealed the hanging penalty in 1994 for treason knowing he was committing treason and obviating the risk of such a penalty for him and his cronies. Maybe it was not bigotry at all maybe it was an intelligent consideration of the constitutional make up that was being eroded. You can reference these matters in Hansard the journals of parliament if you care to.

Aside from the 'vote like me dad' core who don't even think about it, the new breed of left wing voters label them selves as "nice people" and anyone who doesn't agree with them as "bigots"; the self-proclaimed "nice people" who display their disapproval of others' opinions by getting together in the streets, waving placards and throwing bottles at the police (in the nicest possible way), but apparently it's OK if they declare it to be "a peaceful protest".

Bigot = A person who is intolerant of other peoples opinions. Your statement then suggests that people who voted for Brexit are intolerant of others opinions. Apart from being an ad hominem attack on people voting according to their conscience are bigots??? Are you sure the description does not fit you better??? By the way again I did not vote on this issue. Maybe they are not intolerant of others opinions, maybe they thought our leaders have given away sovereignty they had no right to do. Maybe they thought that seceding power to a foreign entity was in fact an act of treason as framed at law for which the penalty is hanging by the neck until dead. You will be pleased to know however Tony Blair repealed the hanging penalty in 1994 for treason knowing he was committing treason and obviating the risk of such a penalty for him and his cronies. Maybe it was not bigotry at all maybe it was an intelligent consideration of the constitutional make up that was being eroded. You can reference these matters in Hansard the journals of parliament if you care to.

I suggest you read my post again.
Where do I say that all who voted for brexit are bigots?

Aside from the 'vote like me dad' core who don't even think about it, the new breed of left wing voters label them selves as "nice people" and anyone who doesn't agree with them as "bigots"; the self-proclaimed "nice people" who display their disapproval of others' opinions by getting together in the streets, waving placards and throwing bottles at the police (in the nicest possible way), but apparently it's OK if they declare it to be "a peaceful protest".
You do know this is rubbish right?

Proberly not now I think about it.

Reply to Good news------------------------------------ in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock