Discuss Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Don't understand his logic for requiring an adaptable box for 3-core SWA ?

I've given up on him

Someone give him a Milwaukee 12v SDS too

2/10 for Delroy here for the first 5 minutes of the video
2/10 that's being generous Mate

I honestly don't see the issue with Delroys work

He uses a combi drill , i often use my 18v combi to drill holes for red plugs

Okay , the galv box is possibly OTT and he could have taken the Swa straight into the socket

As far as wiring up 2 outdoor plug sockets goes I can't see anything wrong with it

I honestly don't see the issue with Delroys work

He uses a combi drill , i often use my 18v combi to drill holes for red plugs

Okay , the galv box is possibly OTT and he could have taken the Swa straight into the socket

As far as wiring up 2 outdoor plug sockets goes I can't see anything wrong with it
I have said already, he started in 1973 and still going, you dont last that long in this game if your rubbish.

I gracefully disagree , I have watched most of my videos as I can't see much wrong with any of his workmanship

He is neat , tidy and often takes on awkward jobs that aren't easy to make look perfect

He could things faster sometimes but at 65? he does okay imo and I love the way he talks through what he is doing and explains why he is doing it that way

I don't think I've watched Delroy before, I'll give it a watch.

The thing that annoys me with the youtube electricians is a few of them slag off others work and spend more time posing or using big words they just googled than doing the work safely. It concerns me that apprentices might use their work as a guide.

Artisan are my current least favourite taking over from CJR, they posted a video a few weeks back fitting a car charger (not that that will narrow it down) and a live cable from the ring was floating around in the DB. They didn't even stick it in some choc block and continued to drill through the back of it. It was followed by another video in the same property at a later date where he found the earth to the water cut through. I can't imagine they are a cheap contractor and they clearly hadn't carried out the basic inspections. The amount the client must be paying for them to fanny about also astounds me.

I like bundy and dss, anyone else that you would recommend?

I like bundy and dss, anyone else that you would recommend?

Bundy seems like a thoroughly decent bloke, but I find him hard to watch. DSS were in the same boat, but been trying to make time to keep up with his house extension videos - far more enjoyable than his electrical stuff.

David Savery would be the one Youtube spark I always find time to watch (eventually).

I gracefully disagree , I have watched most of my videos as I can't see much wrong with any of his workmanship

He is neat , tidy and often takes on awkward jobs that aren't easy to make look perfect

He could things faster sometimes but at 65? he does okay imo and I love the way he talks through what he is doing and explains why he is doing it that way
He's 65? Wow he's aged well, thought he was about 50.

Reply to Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock