Discuss Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

49years experience behind him that aint no dogs watch
Is that Cockney rhyming slang ?? (as he's from London, so would be kinda clever)

Dogs Watch, Scotch ? nah
Dogs Watch, Crotch ? really ??
Dogs Watch, Botch ? maybe ?
Dogs Watch, Notch ? nah

I must be a bit King Dick...

Is that Cockney rhyming slang ?? (as he's from London, so would be kinda clever)

Dogs Watch, Scotch ? nah
Dogs Watch, Crotch ? really ??
Dogs Watch, Botch ? maybe ?
Dogs Watch, Notch ? nah

I must be a bit King Dick...
Never heard of the expression keep dog, looking out for a short time.
(education lesson over) 👍

Still luv Delroy thou , best celebrity sparks by a mile

I remember the one where he was sorting some dodgy sockets under kitchen cupboards. He routed the cables around the cupboards and up the wall completely out of any prescribed zones and called it a good job.
Probably was a good job judging by some of the carp he does, 0 out of 10 as a spark for me, terrible work at times, a chancer at best.

Its call-out so in an 8 hour day in London you probably only do 5 invoice-able hours work (and thats on a good day)

Many moons ago I did call out jobs for an electrical company in South London , it could take over an hour to get from one job to the next. Some jobs I would have to park a 1/2 mile away from the job and walk the rest as literally no on site parking.
I got bus lane tickets and parking tickets which I had to pay for etc etc etc
£100p/h is the bare minimum I would charge doing emergency call-outs in London these days
He makes up the hour he lost, as once he's there, he takes longer than that wandering around in circles trying to figure things out.
Oh my days !!

He's alright

I'd probably rate him about 5/10 on practical and 4/10 on theory

How would you rate yourself, solely on the basis of posts to this forum?

I think we need to bear in mind that Delroy's channel is essentially for entertainment and shows edited snapshots from various jobs. Maybe his work is much better than edited footage suggests and maybe it's much worse, but we've no way of knowing.

Last edited:
How would you rate yourself, solely on the basis of posts to this forum?

I think we need to bear in mind that Delroy's channel is essentially for entertainment and shows edited snapshots from various jobs. Maybe his work is much better than edited footage suggests and maybe it's much worse, but we've no way of knowing.
Between 4-6 not that highly

Practical 8 theory 9 qualifications compared to Del's as we don't know what his quals, experiences 10,quals are as I say impossible to comment on,, was Del a fully trained Apprentice? what tech quals does Del hold if any??? questionable as there isn't any info available, question is Del just a jobber / handy Electrician, there are nil pointers to his early life, did Del just pick up what he knows?? He harps on about a possible post as to how he got into the trade, which isn't forthcoming as yet, maybe we will eventually know the full story, over to you "Delroy the spark" 10 times the spark he claims to be or ever will be.

I'm not entirely serious in my posting😄😄

Delroy is uploading stuff and this is the internet

Not a war crimes tribunal
No proving live or dead
Plenty of "BANG TESTS"
what more do you need
no war crimes, but crimes against BS 7671 OR are you a friend of Del's and Snyder's??? just askin for the record.and a waste of forum time.

Last edited:
No proving live or dead
Plenty of "BANG TESTS"
what more do you need
no war crimes, but crimes against BS 7671 OR are you a friend of Del's and Snyder's??? just askin for the record

Never met Del and I've no idea who Snyder is.

The point I'm making is we've no idea what he does or doesn't do, based on edited video footage.

whether he’s good at the banter or not, the issue with him and other celebrity sparks, is that the general public get an unrealistic view of our industry.
Or it gives DIY Dave too much wrong information and he thinks he can give it a go….

Admittedly, I haven’t watched any of them. But the general consensus seems to be he’s not doing things right…

whether he’s good at the banter or not, the issue with him and other celebrity sparks, is that the general public get an unrealistic view of our industry.
Or it gives DIY Dave too much wrong information and he thinks he can give it a go….

Admittedly, I haven’t watched any of them. But the general consensus seems to be he’s not doing things right…
Well take a close look and see what you think

Youtube is filled with electrical advice from DIYers - some not bad ,some not so good and some downright dangerous.

Admittedly I haven't watched many of Delroy's videos, but those that I have seen showed bits and pieces of work - much less useful to DIYers than most of most of what Youtube offers.

Reply to Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock