Discuss Good practice wiring in trunk/conduit in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

tomasi

Should all the conductors of a circuit be taped together at intervals along
the length of the trunking they are installed in? to minimize magnetic problems and induced
voltages/currents,the tapes only removed when leaving trunking to go into conduits.
I suppose it makes it easier to identify the circuits and as i do usually do this, i find it
fills the trunking in a neater way without crossovers and bunching.
But is this a regulation or just good working practice?

Can you still comply with part M of the building Regs if you fit dado at skirting level
therefore installing sockets below the 400mm asked for in part M, or is this just a
guide line and you can disregard it,after all what would happen to skirting trunking? :eek:

hi

we do it all the time, looks neater and as you say easy to identify individual circuits. not sure about the regs though.

Definately don,t tape in conduit but trunking yes .If you get a electrical spec.from a consultant you will probably find that it asks for cables in trunking to be grouped into circuits and also the circuits be identified where they enter and leave the trunking and also at 2mtr intervals throught the trunking run

yours benji

Skirting trunking has been taken off the shelves, generally as you need to stay within the 450 to 1200 mm heights for disabled access. If you already have skirting trunking there you MAY get away with it but it's a gamble in my opinion!

Reply to Good practice wiring in trunk/conduit in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock