Discuss Good time to start? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

JimmyBlanco

I'm 24 currently working on site as a shuttering carpenter. I have a business degree but feel through experience that an office job is not for me and as I have worked most summers and now for the last 7 months on site I feel it is more for me. The prospects in shuttering carpentry however are limited and I have always had an interest in electrical work. I have found a weekend course (C & G 2330) through ableskills which is done over 9months and would seem to fit in with work. Basically I would like to ask if you guys feel that there is still work out there or whether the industry has saturated? Another thing I would like to find out is whether the C & G 2330 would be enough for me to begin work on a site commercially or domestically.

Although work is tight there will always be employers taking on same old same old....

although 2330 is a start you prob gonna be looking at:
2330 2-3 years depending on college course etc
am2
nvq3
17th edition
2391 inspect test
also prob looking at jib card for site work so you need pretty much all above to get approved

i think the problem will be timing, its true the work is out there but an employer is going to be looking for experience aswell and there is no shortage of experienced labour, i sugest do the training as mentioned before but be prepared to get a few knock backs when qualified. good luck.

Hey Jimmy.

Go for it, do the training as once you've got the quals no-one can take then away from you.

As the lads have said times is hard and you may find it difficult to get experience but it wont be forever. When come through this tricky financial period work will increase and you will be at the front of the queue, fully qualified.

Cheers.

Reply to Good time to start? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock