Discuss got me a job!!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
i am starting a job next tuesday rewiring kitchens in council houses. as you know i havent got a clue whats going to be expected of me , all i know is it will be 1 kitchen a day. so any help will be appreciated of how they actualy go about this work.

Done 1000's of these
Done them were we chop down in zone to trunking and run round under units in yt4
Done some in tube
Done some surface

Not much to worry about really just measure and measure again kitchen cos if marked out wrong it's a right pig to go back to alter

Ha I've spent a fair time doing these also mutual exchanges and voids. Good fun if your working with a crew of people just be careful of the homes your going too. It was a great experience i'll leave it there!

Good Luck!

Lots of furniture moving ahead! The occasional smell of cat **** or weed, ****** up tenants. Watch where you put your hands...

Sounds bad, but you get used to it. No doubt the layout of the houses will be similar so after a few you'll have your routes organised and get quick at doing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
council work, don't you just love it!!! bin to some **** holes and i've bin to some really nice ones, I prefer the **** holes than the prestine looking ones cus you can't **** owt up, just make it better ;) unless you can't handle foul smells, got some nice photos of sum awful places, shall upload em :)

dont expect tenants to be pleased about anything they some will wine about everything and anything even if it isnt you.
last time i did council kitchens it was in oval conduit rest on trunking.

Yea, it's when you have to move the 47 inch plasma and Wii to get the the socket in the lounge that makes me smile.....but thats another thread!!!

That always gets me too!!!
Open fridge to move it and all there is is a bottle of vodka and a scabby off box of eggs, then find there's no credit on gas or electric metre but they always always gave a 42" plasma!!!

like already said you get good ones an bad ones,i av worked on them an it all ad to be chased in so would recommend a good drill for chasing and boxing out.it was all about speed if you wanted to make good money but work to a good standard.avin a good crew with you also helps.av a tub of vickes in ur box for the houses that smell abit funky,little bit under ur nose makes most smells disappear.i jibed it when i walked into house with dog muck on the carpet in da front room an then she opened a tin of dog food an put it on the carpet.walked out.good luck thou mate i was makin gud money while it lasted.

i am starting a job next tuesday rewiring kitchens in council houses. as you know i havent got a clue whats going to be expected of me , all i know is it will be 1 kitchen a day. so any help will be appreciated of how they actualy go about this work.

Good luck mate.

regards...Howard

Reply to got me a job!!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net