Discuss got some of these to fit this week. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
BG mini RCBO.
got some of these to fit this week. {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

look the dog's bollox. no functional E either.

Let us know how you get on and what you think - one of my suppliers wants me to use them ....................... now, if BG did "bundled" pricing it may be a good idea.......

Just out of interest how much are they? (PM please if you want to keep rices private)

they're £24 from screwfix. 6 way board with just a 100A main switch is £23 . makes all RCBO boards ( up to a certain size) quite competitive. open forum, but everyone can see prices at the screwfux .

Let us know how they are in terms of alignment and sitting well on the busbar, Have had issues with BG of late with MCBs and RCDs not aligning too well and making it awkward putting cover back on.
It wont be long before they do them in bundles and preloaded boards.

Done a board the other day with these, there not to sad. I know BG aint everyones cup of tea but for the money there good in my opinion.
I really like the enclosures as they are very solid with plenty of room but then they fill them with utter crap components, and have I mentioned the terminal screws.

I'd have to disagree, I always find them just as good as any [and often much more expensive] other brand. I've probably installed well over a hundred of these compact RCBOs already across a dozen or so new CUs, every terminal has been fine, they line up nice and straight and every test has turned out very well [Usually around 9-10 milliseconds on both x1 and x5 in my experience]. And as previously mentioned the BG busbar is the most substantial out there, far better than some of the flimsy rubbish that other 'quality' brands provide.

I'd have to disagree, I always find them just as good as any [and often much more expensive] other brand. I've probably installed well over a hundred of these compact RCBOs already across a dozen or so new CUs, every terminal has been fine, they line up nice and straight and every test has turned out very well [Usually around 9-10 milliseconds on both x1 and x5 in my experience]. And as previously mentioned the BG busbar is the most substantial out there, far better than some of the flimsy rubbish that other 'quality' brands provide.
Fair point on the busbar, must be good for 500+ amps.

Reply to got some of these to fit this week. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock