Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Got to be impressed with the craftsmanship... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Advent Win
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Still relatively new to this electrickery game so never seen cable run in these before....B302C8E6-238B-4DED-8FEF-1FC9215DE5ED.jpeg9FCBBA07-2F66-4CF4-B2FD-5B43E15CDE9C.jpegEB44F74A-F558-472F-8973-1B2C6C17593F.jpeg

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Home made trunking ?
bloody philistine. tha'ts bespoke cable trunking from c. 100 years ago. VIR insulated singles. installed when we took a pride in the work and didn't need to chuck it in for price. was generally a joiner installed the trunking, then spark would follow with cables.

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I have a few samples of it in the shed. Cap and casing/case I believe it was called ?

I'm sure I have seen pics of it (maybe on here) where it, or a similar design, was used as a skirting top/architrave to take wires round the house on the surface.

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Advent Win
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bloody philistine. tha'ts bespoke cable trunking from c. 100 years ago. VIR insulated singles. installed when we took a pride in the work and didn't need to chuck it in for price. was generally a joiner installed the trunking, then spark would follow with cables.
Yep this is a circa 1850’s £1 million drum near the seafront down here...

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
personally i prefer the lead sheathed twin with galv. JBs, the cable clamps providing continuity of the lead cpc. again, when work was done to a high standard, not down to a price. (and i just wet my pants :disrelieved: :disrelieved: :disrelieved: ).

Have probably done or worked on over 300 rewires and have never seen this type of wooden trunking.
Come across and pulled out plenty of vir and old lead cable but not seen it boxed in trunking like in the picture.
Split tube and wooden back boxes are quite common on most rewires I do.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
you probably not come across this type of wiring then? note the roof structure is made from real timber, not weak willie trusses.

Reply to Got to be impressed with the craftsmanship... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom