Discuss Gotta install an ariel in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ross1

-
Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is the situation in a customer of mine`s house.photo.JPG
There is 2 tv points downstairs which I have identified out of 2 of these cable coming out of the wall in an upstairs box room. I dont know where the 3rd cable is going. there is no sign of any ariel ever being mounted on the outside of the house ( its quite a new house ). There is no loft space due to the design of the place. There is no signal on any of these cables.

I could do with some help lads please.

What ariel should i fit and where?
When I get the co ax from the ariel back to this point what do I need to fit so that the signal will go to both points downstairs.
What cable should I use and does the length of the run have a great effect on the signal?

Cheers guys

I'm having a bit of trouble grasping what you're saying in the first sentence - perhaps you could re-word it? Basically for a normal aerial setup, have a look at nearby houses and see what direction the aerials are pointing and also whether they are horizontal or vertical. Mount the aerial and then you can go from the aerial to a multi-room distribution box and from this to each room......

as we have gone digital signal strength is critical,a tv that worked well on analogue can play up on digital and some digital sets require a very strong signal,probably better to let an ariel fitter do the job its done right and any problems and your not left headscratching.I had mine done and it was only about 40 quid ariel, cable and everything

ok firstly - get a muti zone areal (Black tip) and use that - no messing around with zones then

Install it outside for the best picture on the chimney breast (if they have one) if not as high as you can.

also if it is in a dip or hills around get a decent aerial with the boaster already built in (normally £100 - £200) but worth it.

Good luck - aerials are a pan but once you get it your fine.
If you have a small TV with an aerial then use that up on the roof if you dont have a aerial finder - the old shouting game does not work well!

ok firstly - get a muti zone areal (Black tip) and use that - no messing around with zones then

Install it outside for the best picture on the chimney breast (if they have one) if not as high as you can.

also if it is in a dip or hills around get a decent aerial with the boaster already built in (normally £100 - £200) but worth it.

Good luck - aerials are a pan but once you get it your fine.
If you have a small TV with an aerial then use that up on the roof if you dont have a aerial finder - the old shouting game does not work well!

I have not installed one for about 2 years but they have come down in price loads!!

I cant find the one with the boaster attached so just get yourself a decent boaster - also Satellite cable works better than Coaxel

I have a hand held one on batteries!

I dont mean anything bigger than a 3 inch screen!!!!!

I should of said that first sorry!

Reply to Gotta install an ariel in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net