Discuss Governing bodies and testing courses! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jones750

Hi all,

I'm currently working for a company that services and installs spray paint booths and industrial ovens.
i am the only qualified electrician (all be it, not got many quals) at the company and need me to complete a 'testing course' so i can test all installations.

the work usually involves working on 230v control panels and includes working on 3 phase motors.

they know i don't have much testing experience but are ok with where I'm at.

they are also looking at being NICEIC registered (mainly for advertising issues) and are looking to use myself to do this. The testing course i go for will have to be enough for this to happen.

I'm not sure if the NICEIC is the best option so if you know of any better governing bodies please share. Like i said, the main reason they want to get registered is for advertising issues, making the company look a little more professional.

i am looking into the 2394 & 2395, but have lost my college notes, are there any websites out there that could provide this information?

thanks for any future replies. I hope i have made everything clear.

2394 and 2395 will give you inspection and testing quals, but you need to have a good idea about and some experience of inspection and testing, and either hold or be very conversant with the 17th edition.

If your company go for NICEIC registration, then someone will need to hold a level 3 NVQ qualified supervisor award as well, and as you are the only spark, that will be you, unless they recruit one. But before you take my word on the NIC thing, check with them because they change their minds with the change in weather.

Cheers.............Howard

Reply to Governing bodies and testing courses! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net