Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Government Grant in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

headshrinker

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi i'm over 25 and was wondering if theres any government funding for training to become an electrician

thanks!

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
M

m4tty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
dont believe so although you can get Grants etc from C&G burseries fund. I think that if you want to educate yourself further after you leave school college then you have to pay for it. If you are signing on at the job centre and cant get a job as you need qualifications to do this and you want to go on a course ie NVQ (to better your chances of getting a job) then you have to sign off which means how can you support your family with no money coming in. The other option is to go on holiday at her magisties pleasure (INSIDE) and walk out a qualified tradesman. thats just my opinion all the odds are stacked against ya. this country is a joke

W

WayneL

Hi mate,

As far as I know, the government brought in a new initiative - starting last
September - whereby if you haven't previously achieved a level2
qualification, they will fund this for you and if you haven't previously
achieved a level3 qualification, they will fund this for you.

If you gained 5 Gce/Gcse/O'Levels to grade C or above then you are
deemed to have gained a level2 and wouldn't qualify for funding.

The way it works:

Average cost of G&G 2330 level 2 - £1275 (1 year full time college)
You would pay contribution of about £84 - not bad!!

For info you should ring your local college and ask about what Ive just described.

Hope this helps,

Wayne

M

miagrant

[FONT=&quot]Don’t worry. There is still government grant entitled for you. You can also found online resources. You can also try this www.grantloanhelp.com for free government grant application. [/FONT]

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Government Grant in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom