Discuss green 360 ltd aka new trades career any info ? in the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ashley_s

EF Member
I’m on the full Scope Electrical Installer course
Just finished my 6th TMA assessment, got a couple more to do before I do the weekend courses,

How did anyone do their NVQ assessments? Have you struggled with employment?

Hi Ben! Did you do your training with new trades careers?

BenFromBurton

Trainee Access
Hi Ben! Did you do your training with new trades careers?
Hello Ashley,

Yes I’m doing my training with them, paying £180 a month and I’ll receive my NVQ level 2 and 3 AM2 test, my 2391 2394 and 2395 testing and inspecting quals and my full scope part P.

I’ve completed 11 out of the TMA’s which in all honesty they’re easy enough.
The health and safety test I passed first time and they had no dates for me until September (this was in May)
I’ve been ringing once a week to see if they’ve had cancellations and they’ve got me on one and now my weekends 1/2/3/4 start on the 6th of July (first time at the centre for training)
I’ve been to the centre in Wolverhampton and it’s **** hot mate, decent place, good tutors that I met and the equipment is decent too (cold inside the bays where you’re working though so take clothes with you to keep you warm)

Ashley_s

EF Member
Hello Ashley,

Yes I’m doing my training with them, paying £180 a month and I’ll receive my NVQ level 2 and 3 AM2 test, my 2391 2394 and 2395 testing and inspecting quals and my full scope part P.

I’ve completed 11 out of the TMA’s which in all honesty they’re easy enough.
The health and safety test I passed first time and they had no dates for me until September (this was in May)
I’ve been ringing once a week to see if they’ve had cancellations and they’ve got me on one and now my weekends 1/2/3/4 start on the 6th of July (first time at the centre for training)
I’ve been to the centre in Wolverhampton and it’s **** hot mate, decent place, good tutors that I met and the equipment is decent too (cold inside the bays where you’re working though so take clothes with you to keep you warm)
Thanks for the reply!

I’ve got a phone call with them this afternoon about signing up with them! Just wanted abit of information before hand! But from what you’ve said it sound legit! Do they supply all the information as the claim? The guy told me there is interactive leaning programs and video tutorials throughout? How long has it taken you so far?

Thanks ashley

Massive1

Trainee Access
Thanks for the reply!

I’ve got a phone call with them this afternoon about signing up with them! Just wanted abit of information before hand! But from what you’ve said it sound legit! Do they supply all the information as the claim? The guy told me there is interactive leaning programs and video tutorials throughout? How long has it taken you so far?

Thanks ashley

BenFromBurton

Trainee Access
Thanks for the reply!

Thanks ashley
I signed up in January,
And took April May and June off from studying as was rammed in work, so in January, Feb And March I managed to do all the first 10 TMA assessments and I’ve just submitted my 11th last weekend, done my health and safety for pre attendance and I’ve done the workbooks

Yeah they give you a big folder thing that’s full of stuff about the course and your first 6 assessments I think, the video stuff is okay if you’ve got a good computer (mines **** so I’ve had no luck)

They’ll phone you for an interview then come and meet you twice to see if you’re worth giving the loan for

Massive1

Trainee Access
Have a read of this Ashley Beware dodgy training centre scams - Gas Training, Electrical Courses, Renewable Training Courses - https://www.logic4training.co.uk/blog/training/beware-dodgy-training-scams/

Ashley sit down and have a long hard think before jumping in to something you're unfamiliar with.
And be extra vigilant of any company that turns up at your house promising you'll become an electrican for a set monthly payment.
Trust me when I say sign up at your local college and do a part-time level 2 and then level 3 diplomas, after this you'll need your NVQ level 3 this will take around 2 years maybe more maybe less, this is where you will have to be in work where you will full in your portfolio.
Whist in college apply to your local electricians and work as a mate

TJ Anderson

Forum Mentor
Genuinely, NVQ2 in Electrical Installation.....is there really such a thing??
What C&G or EAL qual is that NVQ2??

Also why on earth would you do 2394 & 2395 if you had 2391 or even vice versa...

Ashley_s

EF Member
Hi! Thanks for the reply, I’m unable to go down the college route due to having financial commitments (house etc) and it would be impossible to work that around my current job! Just trying to get as much info atm before I make any decisions

Massive1

Trainee Access
You'll have to do your level 2 and level 3 diplomas' first if its the NVQ route you want to take. After these 2 are completed its then you can do the level 3 NVQ.
You will also need to take your AM2 test too which is a practical assessment.

To complete your NVQ you will need to be in work in the electrical trade which means you'll have to leave your current employment.

This is the recognised route to become a ECS Gold Card holder.

Ashley_s

EF Member
You'll have to do your level 2 and level 3 diplomas' first if its the NVQ route you want to take. After these 2 are completed its then you can do the level 3 NVQ.
You will also need to take your AM2 test too which is a practical assessment.

To complete your NVQ you will need to be in work in the electrical trade which means you'll have to leave your current employment.

This is the recognised route to become a ECS Gold Card holder.
Is there another route?

BenFromBurton

Trainee Access
Hi! Thanks for the reply, I’m unable to go down the college route due to having financial commitments (house etc) and it would be impossible to work that around my current job! Just trying to get as much info atm before I make any decisions
Hello Ashley,

Just to let you know I completed my weekend 1 course this weekend...
It was pretty good! Learned a hell of a lot and did quite a lot of practical and the tutor explained and helped understand a lot of it too, 12 of us in a class for the 2 days, that’s apparently very busy but usually less in a class so more hands on tutoring!

I can not recommend this place enough!!

Electrician Talk