Discuss green bank finance? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Ive heard somewhere about finance available for commercial premises to install things such as PV and other energy saving measures.

Does anyone know where i can access this info? or has anyone used this to fund any projects?

have been looking there but it all seems to be based around domestic borrowing.
Im more looking for whatever replaced the siemens carbon trust that was in use a year or so ago

Try calling the carbon trust
They are still there the only thing that changed was Siemens got involved and now want 7% interest

The Green Deal covers commercial installations.
The Green Deal soft starts this October with funding for Domestic , I understand GD Commercial funding is available from January 2013.
However the GD Commercial will need a Commercial GD Advisor and I know of no courses yet ?!

Commercial GD same as above 7% interest, loan to property repaid through electricity bill, Golden Rule still applies.

The Green Deal covers commercial installations.
The Green Deal soft starts this October with funding for Domestic

Call me a pessimist but with a little over a month to go and the regulatory bodies (NAPIT, by their own admission last week!) still unsure about what it will entails for installers or assessors, I will eat my straw fedora if the Green Deal is launched, working and understood by the public, let alone the 'experts' by October.

Carbon Trust have an ongoing scheme for "green" finance. I am not going to relay it all here but check the website. It is very focused on energy reduction measures and PV is considered to be an energy generator so does not actually qualify however it can form a part of any plan. This is the UK so do not expect it to be simple or reliable from an investment perspective.
If anyone has a Consumer Credit Licence and is interested in some lucrative business please let me know as I am currently in touch with CT and Siemens and some neat opportunities.

Have spoken to carbon trust and were very helpful. Im now in process of filling in forms for the application for the customer and it all looks reletively straight forward.

On the other hand... was approached by WECREDIT about offering finance to domestic customers which seems a great idea, anyone else use this sort of thing? and is there much call for it?

If you are going to be supplying the business to Siemens then you need a Consumer Credit Licence. If you don't have one then the customer needs to apply direct to Siemens and Siemens will use their own CCL to make any offer.
If the loan is under £25,000

Also the interest rate is 6% or thereabouts.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are going to be supplying the business to Siemens then you need a Consumer Credit Licence. If you don't have one then the customer needs to apply direct to Siemens and Siemens will use their own CCL to make any offer.
If the loan is under £25,000

Also the interest rate is 6% or thereabouts.

6% is dependant on the customers credit score

Yes you are correct! I am not sure at what point they decline to offer. They require 3 years audited accounts and an "acceptable" credit score.

they call everything green or "eco" now just so that they can charge you premium prices.....green electric tarrif.....green parcel service......carbon offset car hire........I seen car insurance today offering to "offset your carbon from driving " for "just" an extra £249 a year......what does that do? does it suck in all your pollution and put it in the bank, or does it just fill some traders pockets shuffling useless bonds around the market doing bgger all and make them super rich? oh and please don't tell me that they plant trees with the money or use it to buy pollution rights from third world countries....thats all a con....just like the card trick guy on the tv tricking people....

ouch!!

the example on their website is over 30%APR
thats untenable!

I have just spoken to Wecredit as this is something I have been meaning to look into for a potential commercial client.

Wecredit - I was told that APR was between 5 - 14% for unsecured loans and could go to 2% for secured loans, no mention of 30% though it is on their website. you do get 1% commission and the 'fee' per year is £495 + VAT for a minimum of 2 years, but you don't need a consumer credit license.

The downside is that they don't lend to companies wanting to purchase PV.

The Siemans loan only works for customers with 3 years worth of accounts. Has anyone set up finance for a company that is a start up? Can anyone recommend a commercial lender?

Reply to green bank finance? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock