Discuss green certificates in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sparkyork

hi

i downloaded some green certifcates and have been using them for a while (will hopefully be using purple ones) i got them off the nic site. theres nothing wrong with me using these is there??

hi

i downloaded some green certifcates and have been using them for a while (will hopefully be using purple ones) i got them off the nic site. theres nothing wrong with me using these is there??

Dont think so. If they diddnt want them to be used, why make them downloadable ?

I get the ETHOS ones from CEF, but if I can download and save money (like a good Yorkshireman does) I will. Hmmmmm:rolleyes:

yeah thing is ive been led to beleive that green certificated are for those awaiting nic approval, so thought id be ok. they were downloadable but had some lettering all over em that i have removed to produce a blank certificate.

the certificates say copyright electrical safety council, if i deleted this then is it all good!!??

Last edited:
when i applied for the nic, in my welcome pack where 2 lots of green certs supplied by them so i dont think they will mind you using them after all at least you have issued certs for ya jobs.

cheers paul, i never got any certs tho just alot of bumph on how to pass the assesment etc. it be right then ill just use these green ones, if they moan ill say ive paid £434 inc vat for the priveledge!!

hi

If they are of the NIC website when I downloaded them before they had Speciman through the middle of them.

You don't give them out do you?:eek:

yeah there the ones, ive got rid of the "specimen" tho!
Hi there

I am in the process of preparing my 8-10 jobs for the NIC assessment. I am interested on how you removed the "SPECIMEN" from the downloadable forms so I dont have to buy the green certs. Can you help me?

Thanks
Pete

NICEIC green certificates are in the 'available to all' section of the NICEIC webshop, for non-registered contractors.

You have to pay for them, was looking for ones that I could download and print myself. As I am only going to use them for my 8-10 jobs to be assessed on, I don't want to pay £15 per book and then have to pay again for the red ones when I have passed.

You have to pay for them, was looking for ones that I could download and print myself. As I am only going to use them for my 8-10 jobs to be assessed on, I don't want to pay £15 per book and then have to pay again for the red ones when I have passed.

Oh I wasn't suggesting that you paid, just that you were allowed to use them, is it just a domestic EIC that you want?

I'm doing the approved contractor scheme, as I work for a company and I will become the in house electrician for all the branches. I spoke to the NIC and they would like me to use the green forms, but I can't use the ones with SPECIMEN written through them.

I will become the in house electrician for all the branches. I spoke to the NIC and they would like me to use the green forms, but I can't use the ones with SPECIMEN written through them.

You can use any forms you like, (exept their specimen forms) they want you to use their forms because they are a format that they are familiar with and it also puts a bit more money their way

I'm doing the approved contractor scheme, as I work for a company and I will become the in house electrician for all the branches. I spoke to the NIC and they would like me to use the green forms, but I can't use the ones with SPECIMEN written through them.

pm me your e mail I will send you a certificate copy that you will be able to use

but bear in mind the nic inspector may not like copies too much- might be worth stumping up the money and keeping them onside- no carbon copies via e mail

Reply to green certificates in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock