Discuss Green deal advisor ********** in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I've not done it, not convinced that it going to be worth it. Do you think it will make a big difference for pv or are you going to be offering other techs?

Tom

Steering well clear of the Green Deal, reckon it's a race to the bottom on installation prices.

We are actually moving 'upstream' and becoming much more pro-active in helping people save energy without the Green Deal, for our customer base it won't make any difference.

The question should be - if any of my existing customers / ideal customers had a green deal offere in place today whould they take the self-financed route or the green deal route.

If the latter, then you should get yourself as fully engaged in the Green Deal as you possibly can. If they would still self-finance it, then don't get distracted and focus on the current value add that you can give to your existing and future customers.

I'm involved with a local group who are considering the implications of Green Deal. Every now and then someone new enters the arena making bold statements about becoming green Deal Providers etc etc. Once they have actually read the info around Green Deal they pretty quickly back off.

I'm involved because on the 1% chance that anything good might come out of it in a couple of years time I want to know what's happening at a local level and it's a good networking opportunity. Tomorrow I'm attending a full day workshop on bringing the Green Deal to our area but as the guy taking one of the workshops said to me yesterday - the coffee breaks would save "death by Green Deal!"

If you're looking for sustained business in renewables through GD in the next couple of years - I'd look somewhere else. Even the potential providers like Enact can't see how it's going to work and they've been doing this sort of thing relatively successfully since 1996.

The latest debate is about whether GDA's are going to need to be FSA's because of the advice provided about financial products.

HIPS assessors, MCS certified installers, Energy assessors.
oh look, green deal advisor, another thing people can spend huge amounts of time effort and money on so that the next Government can put them out of a job.

no thanks!!
Once bitten and all that

Doing the course in two weeks time .
I am currently still doing the projects and homework to get the Non Domestic Energy assessors ticket so we can run out Green Deal for commercial as well.
On top of running an Electrical installation/ MCS company with seven staff working seven day weeks and long days.

Thinking of joining a circus I am getting good at jumping through hoops !

GOOD LUCK the course is impossible to complete at the moment because the GDsap software is riddle with bugs !!! I spoke to the desigers and it wont be any time soon when its fixed. so by the time we can do the uploads the course content will change from city and guilds.
Doing the course in two weeks time .
I am currently still doing the projects and homework to get the Non Domestic Energy assessors ticket so we can run out Green Deal for commercial as well.
On top of running an Electrical installation/ MCS company with seven staff working seven day weeks and long days.

Thinking of joining a circus I am getting good at jumping through hoops !

SRE I recon your right about the FSA requirement as your selling a loan (financial product).

Its a disaster Zone. I'm looking into other area's of green technology and staying clear of the GD at the moment and growing other area's of the business.

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole either. Who is going to secure a 7% loan (which rises with inflation) on a property when the bank base rate is 0.5%? Seems the only "deal" to be had is for the trainers, certification bodies and finance providers. All the hard work will be done by the installers for the paltry amount of cash that is left.

Reply to Green deal advisor ********** in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock