Discuss Green Deal Installer in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin A

Electrician's Arms
Solar Guru
all of us?

afaik all MCS installers are automatically green deal approved installers for the relevant techs.

SolarRoofSols

Regular EF Member
We have filled in the form with Napit, though by their own admission, they are not sure of the timescales, they are just registering interest.

BruceB

Electrician's Arms
Solar Guru
From the horse's mouth on monday last:
"NAPIT can also now confirm that MCS Approved Installers can, if they wish, be listed as Green Deal authorised for microgeneration technologies without charge and without any additional assessment. NAPIT will be issuing forms to our MCS Members, giving them the opportunity to agree to comply with the DECC License once it is published."

SRE

Solar Guru
That's interesting because we were inspected last week and told that the Green Deal requirements were going to be more rigorous - he was a job's worth though!

Eco Deal

Solar Guru
I had a call from NAPIT and already filled out the forms etc ,

I did ask them to make me first green deal installer and put me in there mag!!

dont think it went down well , worth a try , I got in the NICEIC mag once in focus section

oldtimer

Regular EF Member
Green Deal so I take this is a rebranding also I used to do HVAC controls and was thinking of looking into this so has anybody heard of PPL Training doing a Green Deal Training Solutions course and is it worth it.

SolarRoofSols

Regular EF Member
Drum Roll & Fanfare...We are now a Green Deal installer, got the email confirmation from NAPIT! Whatever it means, at least putting the shiny new logo on my website (when it is released by the oversight body) will keep me busy for 5 mins :yes:!

moggy1968

Regular EF Member
So, alledgedly we are all now green deal installers. What does this actually mean in practice?

I have no idea what it's all about in terms of functionality. I understand householders borrow against their bills and that the improvements should meet The Golden Rule, which PV probably doesn't but how do people accesss the green deal and how do we install under it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 46 65.7%
  • Black

Votes: 24 34.3%

Electrician Talk