Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Green deal in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Does the savings made on green deal products pay for the loan from the Govt ?
Say £250.00 on a 4kw solar in electric will go back in the pot to pay for the loan ?

S

Somecamel

That's the general idea however the money doesn't come from the Government, it would come from private investors etc. The Interest rate that I keep on hearing being bandied around is 7.5%. At this rate the golden rule will never be met.

Worcester

-
Mentor
Reaction score
See other threads on the Green deal, IF you could get SolarPV in on the golden rule, then any green deal funded renewable energhy project will NOT get Feed-in Tariff or RHI ... you'ld be better of with a commercial loan, even better, including adding it to your mortgage, but check with an FSA ...

R

Ramjam

Hi,

Actually the system can still claim FITs as long as no public money is used to fund the green Deal. If the Green Deal Provider raises the funds for the green deal loan without using public money then it is still OK to claim fits but if they for example raise the money from the Green Deal Finance Company then that is set to be seeded with £775m of government funds which would render the system ineligible for FIT payments.

We are preparing to be Green Deal Providers and this point is seldom understood. Green Deal finance is very up in the air right now and the Green Deal Finance company will not be in a position to fund a green deal until at least the end of April 2013 so don't hold your breath. Green Deal is transmogrifying into a process rather than a finance mechanism. The finance mechanism will emerge eventually but seems to be less and less the focus.

Worcester

-
Mentor
Reaction score
@RamJam

That raises 2 things

1) What of some of the funding is ECO funding .... is that deemed 'public money'?

the Green Deal Finance company will not be in a position to fund a green deal until at least the end of April 2013

and
2) So how come B&Q (aka the Kingfisher group) have been allocated 20 Green Deal 'slots' per week from October to December, out of the 50 / week available, if as you're saying actually nothing aint gonna happen till April? Surely the funding and payments come from / go to (via the leccy company) the Green Deal Provider B&Q in this case - what is the role then of 'The Green Deal Finance Company', as far as I was aware there wasn't a single central finance co.

Worcester

-
Mentor
Reaction score
Actually I think I answered my own question (and you mudded the water!)

2) above is the crux, - where the money comes from, I know quit a few Green Deal Providers that are already self financed...

And removing the focus from the money is exactly what they are trying to do because:

a) the money people are they ones that will make all the money
b) the ramifications of a 2nd charge on a property are enormous.

Last edited:

Worcester

-
Mentor
Reaction score
The Golden Rule allows you to use ECO funding which is kind of an offset for / to the Golden Rule

- - - Updated - - -

Otherwise EWI would never meet the golden rule either.

S

Somecamel

So how does the ECO funding work? It comes from the Energy companies and I was under the impression was to be utilised for hard to treat homes? I:E Solid Wall insulation, I don't think solar will get a look in.

Reply to Green deal in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net