Discuss Green deal in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Has anyone signed up for the Enact Green Deal newsletter? I've just had the first one through and it's got more up to date info than I've seen anywhere else. In short :

7.5% comes from the financial market being unwilling to fund Green Deal while it's unproven. Money is going to come from the Green Investment Bank but it's got to make a profit - so no low interest loans are possible. As Green Deal succeeds!!!! the plan is to sell the debt on (but it has to have grown to £multi-million to get a low interest rate) and then pension funds etc may enter the market. It explains why we're at 7.5% and maybe in time to come interest rates may be lower.

No commitment from govt about how the £200 million pump priming will be spent but clear indications that it will be cashback. Now add that to the £2 - £3k ish that you can take out as a loan for pv through Green Deal would that maybe get the price down low enough for not getting the Fit not to matter??

Enact are offering £50 for a referral that results in free insulation being installed, regardless of income. So if you can't pay people to have insulation, why are they going to pay 7.5% interest???

Yep, at the same time they are clearly worried about the impact of it : - Back in May

Home energy efficiency expert, Enact Energy, is offering local authorities across Britain the opportunity to take part in a £100,000 marketing campaign during June to encourage local residents to take advantage of free home insulation before the Carbon Emission Reduction Target (CERT) funding permanently ends later this year

Last edited:
I thought the green deal was going to give pv a boost but after reading this thread, oh dear!!
I have been installing PV for over a year in Scotland and northern England for different companies just subbied but not working just now, does anyone know who has any PV work at present?

I have been looking at my customers EPC and solar pv has a tick a green deal loan.

You can join up with a finance company get your customer the finance to pay for the solar install and they will get the fit rate too so it's better this way than using the green deal where they won't pay out on the fit

Reply to Green deal in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net