Discuss Green deal in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Does the savings made on green deal products pay for the loan from the Govt ?
Say £250.00 on a 4kw solar in electric will go back in the pot to pay for the loan ?

That's the general idea however the money doesn't come from the Government, it would come from private investors etc. The Interest rate that I keep on hearing being bandied around is 7.5%. At this rate the golden rule will never be met.

See other threads on the Green deal, IF you could get SolarPV in on the golden rule, then any green deal funded renewable energhy project will NOT get Feed-in Tariff or RHI ... you'ld be better of with a commercial loan, even better, including adding it to your mortgage, but check with an FSA ...

Yep but no FIT is payable if Green Deal funded ....

Hi,

Actually the system can still claim FITs as long as no public money is used to fund the green Deal. If the Green Deal Provider raises the funds for the green deal loan without using public money then it is still OK to claim fits but if they for example raise the money from the Green Deal Finance Company then that is set to be seeded with £775m of government funds which would render the system ineligible for FIT payments.

We are preparing to be Green Deal Providers and this point is seldom understood. Green Deal finance is very up in the air right now and the Green Deal Finance company will not be in a position to fund a green deal until at least the end of April 2013 so don't hold your breath. Green Deal is transmogrifying into a process rather than a finance mechanism. The finance mechanism will emerge eventually but seems to be less and less the focus.

@RamJam

That raises 2 things

1) What of some of the funding is ECO funding .... is that deemed 'public money'?

the Green Deal Finance company will not be in a position to fund a green deal until at least the end of April 2013

and
2) So how come B&Q (aka the Kingfisher group) have been allocated 20 Green Deal 'slots' per week from October to December, out of the 50 / week available, if as you're saying actually nothing aint gonna happen till April? Surely the funding and payments come from / go to (via the leccy company) the Green Deal Provider B&Q in this case - what is the role then of 'The Green Deal Finance Company', as far as I was aware there wasn't a single central finance co.

Actually I think I answered my own question (and you mudded the water!)

2) above is the crux, - where the money comes from, I know quit a few Green Deal Providers that are already self financed...

And removing the focus from the money is exactly what they are trying to do because:

a) the money people are they ones that will make all the money
b) the ramifications of a 2nd charge on a property are enormous.

Last edited:
The Golden Rule allows you to use ECO funding which is kind of an offset for / to the Golden Rule

- - - Updated - - -

Otherwise EWI would never meet the golden rule either.

So how does the ECO funding work? It comes from the Energy companies and I was under the impression was to be utilised for hard to treat homes? I:E Solid Wall insulation, I don't think solar will get a look in.

We've seen one local hard to treat house (EWI only solution) go from a Low E on EPC to a solid B, by the addition of a big chunk of PV, I guess it all depends upon how people choose to manipulate it. I just thinks that we are going to have 2 - 3 years of messing it around to try to get it to work before they give up.

The winners will be Social Housing and Private Landlords - effectively get the incumbent tenant to pay for it .... The ex Free Solar crowd will be all over it with marketing, Mark Group will have their usual telesales campaigns, everyone will cry foul play, installation prices will be pushed through the floor leading to poor workmanship. Customers will get ripped off and the financiers will laught all the way to the Bahamas, aka bank .. The governement will try to tweak it here, there, then call for an emergcny review, they'll screw that up, then have a strategic review, and Real will collapse under the strain of loads of complaints.

You have absolutely nailed it there.------Local Authority’s will upgrade their housing stock whilst the tenant pays for it!!---This is a main stay of the Green Deal. What does the home owner get? A rather high interest loan and forced into using Green Deal contractors. This may be a good or bad thing----but in Birmingham the standard of local authority installs is poor to say the least! Will Green Deal installs be the same?

As a renewables company I would like to think we could benefit from the Green Deal-------but who knows at the moment----certaintly the training companies will benefit!!

I still hope for an early announcement of where we are going with the RHI

Whats your view MEP?

do you think small sme can make a living from green deal?

Nope, I reckon the compliance overheads will be a cost killer.

One man band may as a subbied installer for one of the big firms.

Big firms, Mark Group etc will do just fine thanks.

Barker said on Monday:

I am also pleased to confirm that we are on track to launch the Domestic RHI consultation in September.

Strange, as I thought there had already been a consultation on this very same subject about 2 years ago.

Me too! Though they have been having real problems over metering / measurement.

Reply to Green deal in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock