Discuss Greeting forum could some please Help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PIE

simple question to a electrician can you wire this pc fan to a plug and plug it in it says it's a 220-240V
pc van.JPG

THANK YOU FOR ANY Help!!!!!

If it says 220-240v AC on it then it could be run on a plug into a house socket. Are you sure this is a PC fan? Most of the PC fans I've come across are very low voltage.

Both posts 2 & 3 deserve a Thanks for helping out the OP. Seeing that the OP has probably "forgot" to do that, I thought I would instead.

You need to know what internal if any protection is afforded by this fan, thermal, Overload and Short circuit, with these types of fans they either have them or don't although the fan may indeed work off a plug top it may require protection that cannot be afforded by your standard range of plug top fuses and can become a fire hazard if fused incorrectly. As we have no other info then a definitive yes or no can't be given.

that looks more like a utility fan for larger electronic units and are usually connected through a noise filter. but as the others have said it can be connected with a plug as long as it has the proper fuse

Thank you spoon
But I would say on the diy forum not many people say thanks just say :I am doing a favour for my old single neighbour and her severely disabled children ,I used to be a spark but since my accident I have stopped doing any work but my question is how do I rewire my house oops my neighbours house

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Greeting forum could some please Help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net