Discuss Greetings and felicitations from a semi-retired electrician. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
At 69 thought I would call it a day (did the same at 65 but spicing cables was preferable to cutting grass, hedges etc.) Now another year on I keep getting calls from old (as in ex not archaic) customers. Having left the NICEIC some time ago I have to be selective in what I undertake but it gets me out of the house and garden.... I have had an interesting life so far, having worked in Australia, Bahamas, France(well Paris), Canada, Malaysia, Spain, Taiwan, and the grand old USA as well as a few other places I would rather forget.
Not all these were long term (Australia 30 months, Malaysia 10 years). Not all were electrical based, Australia CEO, Malaysia Project Manager, Quite a few were when I was an ETO (Electro Technical Office)r in the merchant navy, involved with maintaining a cable laying ship (great fun, great people, great food, lousy managers)....
Also a qualified Heavy Plant Fitter (now grandly known as Technician. blah. Oh somewhere along the line grabbed a HND in software engineering (night school - when it was affordable. Well that about sums it up. Hello to everyone!

HI, welcome, quite a resume there! Similar position to you at 68. Retired but still like working and praise God I am still able to! Beats ligging about at home with the missus. Once again, welcome!

Welcome from a young whippersnapper at 48.
Been a spark, a student, now self employed.
A caravan park manager which encompassed salesman, tractor driving and barman.

Furthest I’ve worked was Heathrow Terminal 5 from at the time, home was in Dundee…. Although I fitted some outlets in New Zealand for my brother in law while I was there on holiday.

Biggest question to you I guess would be… where do you stand between the eternal struggle between cheesecake or pavlova?

Welcome from a young whippersnapper at 48.
Been a spark, a student, now self employed.
A caravan park manager which encompassed salesman, tractor driving and barman.

Furthest I’ve worked was Heathrow Terminal 5 from at the time, home was in Dundee…. Although I fitted some outlets in New Zealand for my brother in law while I was there on holiday.

Biggest question to you I guess would be… where do you stand between the eternal struggle between cheesecake or pavlova?
Both, cheesecake first followed by pav! Funny, I am still looking after the electrics on a local caravan site, most of the caravans are almost as old as I am.

Thought PE in your postcode was for Perth, and got that sensationally wrong!

My caravan park was first set up in 1963, and some of the customers were original, although the oldest caravan was about '89.
Sold on to a bigger chain of parks who first thing renovated what was a decent bar, then burned it down a year later
(disclaimer. allegedly burned it down)

Thought PE in your postcode was for Perth, and got that sensationally wrong!

My caravan park was first set up in 1963, and some of the customers were original, although the oldest caravan was about '89.
Sold on to a bigger chain of parks who first thing renovated what was a decent bar, then burned it down a year later
(disclaimer. allegedly burned it down)
Amazing how many 'accidental' fires occur during times of a financial crisis, trust the reason wasn't put down to dodgy electrics.

Amazing how many 'accidental' fires occur during times of a financial crisis, trust the reason wasn't put down to dodgy electrics.
I’ve heard two story’s…. One was dodgy electrics…. But after a renovation, not my job…. I was told was too many extension leads running arcade machines.
And the other story was something draped over an electric heater.

Picture here.

Post in thread 'Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement!'
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/dodgy-trade-pictures-for-your-amusement.101061/post-1740530

Reply to Greetings and felicitations from a semi-retired electrician. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net