• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Greg Barker backs Solar PV? in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moggy1968

Electrician's Arms
well, if he wants to achieve that with a FiT of 21p and an EPC requirement of C or better he might be better off pxxxxxx in his breakfast cereal!

Somecamel

Solar Guru
I was following the twitter feed as well- SebBerry @sebpv seems to have been at the meeting where Greg Barker was speaking-

"Barker predicts sharp intake of breath from installers when proposals are published tomorrow"- Looks Ominous

SolarCity

Electrician's Arms
Solar Guru
Certainly does.

"Barker says it's a "long-term game" and what may not work "tomorrow" will work in year or 2."

Well if thats the case then I can already see a fatal flaw. If it doesn't work tomorrow, then it needs tweaking so it bloody well does.

solarsavings

Electrician's Arms
Solar Guru
certainly does.

"barker says it's a "long-term game" and what may not work "tomorrow" will work in year or 2."

well if thats the case then i can already see a fatal flaw. If it doesn't work tomorrow, then it needs tweaking so it bloody well does.

pmsl :)

grandfortune

CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
I thought this EPC was sorted in the legal challenge and they said it was unfair, have i missed something.

moggy1968

Electrician's Arms
you know how he's going to achieve that don't you
by sponsoring the big six to install solar farms, centralised generation don'tya see.

danesol

Regular EF Member
He just comment on the Tonight program on ITV, that he's going after the wind people next......

T

TonyGreen

Perhaps a juicy salary as a none executive director for one or more of the big six?

That would explain a great deal. We can cope with 21p, but 15 or less might be more difficult .

edexlab

Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
They just make it up to suit themselves half the time ,I suspect the real reason for the Epc D rating is to allow the council and housing association properties run by local authorities to install and provide income at the higher rate ,you could view this as another stealth tax on electricity bill payers

F

finchy

I like the way that ordinary people now view solar as a tax on them. The government has done well to manipulate the press to get the jo publics backing. Yes their will be a levy on bills but how much of it will be down to solar pv and not wind farms, or any other green incentive eg the subsidy on elecltric cars/vans. This broad brush approach with the jo public doesn't wash with me, the ministers are all idiots with no real world experience they are only lining their future pockets for the days out of the lime light !! How can Tony Blair now be a multiple millionaire ( I didn't see him doing an open degree whilst in power) it's about lining all the balls up ready to play them.

Why can't we have a revolution kick these institutionalised idiots out of power. I'm no rebel but I have lost faith in democracy ! The ministers should be looking at the bigger picture and making the right decisions for the future not 4 year vote winner head lines, the environment is everyone's future we have to get this right !

moggy1968

Electrician's Arms
I like the way that ordinary people now view solar as a tax on them. The government has done well to manipulate the press to get the jo publics backing. Yes their will be a levy on bills but how much of it will be down to solar pv and not wind farms, or any other green incentive eg the subsidy on elecltric cars/vans. !
About £8 per hoousehold per year max. Actually less as this doesn't take account of commercial electricity users. So in the great scheme of things negligable and no where near the £150 a year I have heard banded about.
CALCULATION
22 milion households in UK (source, environment agency figures)
Feed in Tariff budget £850m over 5 years
=£7.72 per household per year
conversley, wind farm subsidies currently run at £1billion PER YEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.