Discuss Greg Barker backs Solar PV? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I was following the twitter feed as well- SebBerry @sebpv seems to have been at the meeting where Greg Barker was speaking-

"Barker predicts sharp intake of breath from installers when proposals are published tomorrow"- Looks Ominous

Certainly does.

"Barker says it's a "long-term game" and what may not work "tomorrow" will work in year or 2."

Well if thats the case then I can already see a fatal flaw. If it doesn't work tomorrow, then it needs tweaking so it bloody well does.

If it doesn't work tomorrow he won't have a solar industry in 6months time, never mind 2 years! idiot!!

you know how he's going to achieve that don't you
by sponsoring the big six to install solar farms, centralised generation don'tya see.

Perhaps a juicy salary as a none executive director for one or more of the big six?

That would explain a great deal. We can cope with 21p, but 15 or less might be more difficult .

They just make it up to suit themselves half the time ,I suspect the real reason for the Epc D rating is to allow the council and housing association properties run by local authorities to install and provide income at the higher rate ,you could view this as another stealth tax on electricity bill payers

I like the way that ordinary people now view solar as a tax on them. The government has done well to manipulate the press to get the jo publics backing. Yes their will be a levy on bills but how much of it will be down to solar pv and not wind farms, or any other green incentive eg the subsidy on elecltric cars/vans. This broad brush approach with the jo public doesn't wash with me, the ministers are all idiots with no real world experience they are only lining their future pockets for the days out of the lime light !! How can Tony Blair now be a multiple millionaire ( I didn't see him doing an open degree whilst in power) it's about lining all the balls up ready to play them.

Why can't we have a revolution kick these institutionalised idiots out of power. I'm no rebel but I have lost faith in democracy ! The ministers should be looking at the bigger picture and making the right decisions for the future not 4 year vote winner head lines, the environment is everyone's future we have to get this right !

I like the way that ordinary people now view solar as a tax on them. The government has done well to manipulate the press to get the jo publics backing. Yes their will be a levy on bills but how much of it will be down to solar pv and not wind farms, or any other green incentive eg the subsidy on elecltric cars/vans. !

About £8 per hoousehold per year max. Actually less as this doesn't take account of commercial electricity users. So in the great scheme of things negligable and no where near the £150 a year I have heard banded about.
CALCULATION
22 milion households in UK (source, environment agency figures)
Feed in Tariff budget £850m over 5 years
=£7.72 per household per year
conversley, wind farm subsidies currently run at £1billion PER YEAR

I have to admit, that I am losing track of all the abbreviations that keep popping up.
How on earth are the public supposed to keep up with it, we are fortunate, we have TedM to help guide us through it.
Remember all, you only have two hours in a customers house, to explain about PV, survey the house, take details of the roof for structural, explain the AC and DC, FIT, EPC, REA, MCS, oh , and the Green deal..
What a load on nonsense....

Reply to Greg Barker backs Solar PV? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock